Chapter 2

Izuna questioned him, "You were playing with fire... MOM!!"

Suno desperately tried to divert her attention and began to cry. Izuna was taken aback. "Hey, no, stop crying, aw, man."

Suno thought, "Ha got you." He reached for his book.

Izuna picked up the book and exclaimed, "What is this? A magic book?"

Suno nodded, then turned to the page about mana circuits. He patted the page, motioning for Izuna to read it.

Izuna read the page and looked at the diagram. Suno placed a hand on her back, attempting to replicate his mana circuit into her.

After a few minutes, the circuit was complete. Suno thought, "Nice, everything looks good. I couldn't copy my circuit exactly for her because hers was almost done, but I was able to speed it up and change the ends of it. Still, for hers to be almost done is amazing, considering she should have four more years at least until they finish normally. Maybe she's a prodigy?"

Izuna eventually fell asleep from exhaustion, and Suno curled up next to her, passing out as well.

When Suno woke up, he saw Izuna staring at a small ball of fire in her hand.

"Hey, Sis it looks like it worked. How do you feel?" Suno asked.

Izuna beamed, "Look bro I made fire too!"

Suno inquired, "Does it hurt? Can you control it?"

Izuna proudly showed her control over the flame, moving it around similar to what Suno had done earlier.

Suno applauded, "Oh, wow. That's my big sis, so cool."

Izuna grinned, "That's right. I can do what you can do."

Suno cautioned her, "You didn't tell Mom, right?"

Izuna assured him, "No, I wanted to wait until you woke up."

Suno made a pact, "Let's make this our little secret, just for now."

Izuna agreed, "A secret for just me and you. Awesome!"

Suno suggested, "You have to promise to only use magic with me, okay?"

Izuna promised, "Okay."

Suno smiled, "Okay, good. Now, read this beginner's book."

Izuna was excited, "Really?"

Suno encouraged her, "Yep, so do your best. Maybe I'll teach you something too."

And so began the secret magic training of the two siblings. They dedicated themselves to studying and practicing for weeks.

Suno interrupted their training saying, "Hey, Sis, come here for a second."

Izuna walked over to Suno, curious about the sudden pause in their magical endeavors.

Suno suggested, "I think we should put a pause on our training for a few days."

Izuna seemed disappointed, but Suno quickly added, "Don't worry. It might be nice to take a break."

He smiled and proposed, "Come on, let's go play with Mom."

It was a pleasant day as Suno, Izuna and their mother, Kari walked through the forest together. Kari noticed the bond between her children and smiled.

"Hi kids you two have been spending a lot of time together."

Izuna beamed and responded, "I love spending time with my brother!"

Kari was pleased to hear that and said, "That's good. I want you guys to spend time together all the time if you can."