Chapter 7

Suno, deep in thought, began the conversation, "Okay, Mom said we activate our mana too slow, so how do we improve our speed?"

Izuna immediately suggested, "Practice!"

However, Suno had a different idea in mind. He replied, "No."

Izuna, surprised by his response, asked, "No?"

Suno elaborated, "We practice a lot, but our speed is still slow. That can only mean one thing."

Izuna, growing more curious, inquired, "What?"

Suno explained his theory, "The way we start channeling our mana is bad. When I practiced with Mom, she asked me why I covered my whole body before I cast a fireball."

Izuna's eyes lit up as she realized his point, "So, what if we cast a fireball while covering our body with mana?"

Suno praised her, "Exactly! Five points, sis. I was thinking the same thing." However, in his inner thoughts, he admitted he hadn't considered this before.

With a shared understanding, Suno and Izuna embarked on their training, trying to cast fireball spells while simultaneously covering themselves in mana to enhance their casting speed. They practiced diligently for two days, hoping to master a more efficient way of casting fireball.

During their practice, Argast received a letter delivered by a bird. He shared the news with the siblings, informing them that their mother would return in a day or so.

"Hey, you two, I got a letter saying that your mom should be back in a day or so. Aren't you glad you can finally go home?"

Izuna couldn't hide her excitement, "Of course, we're happy, right, Suno?"

Suno, reflecting on their experiences at Argast's home, hesitated before replying, "Um... Argast."

Argast turned his attention to Suno, wondering what he had on his mind. Suno felt compelled to express his feelings, "No, I just want to apologize for the trouble we caused. We were rude, even though you let us stay here and fed us. I'm sorry."

Argast sighed, understanding the sincerity in Suno's apology. He reassured the children, "Listen, the both of you, don't worry about it. You were not as bad as I was expecting at first. Trust me, even though kids your age don't usually have magic or develop it like you, they have plenty of ways to annoy us grown-ups. I'm glad it was just something I was already used to. Remember I used to go on adventures with your mother."

Argast continued, "If you ever need anything, your mother knows where to find me."

Suno and Izuna expressed their gratitude, "Thank you, Argast."

Argast, seeing their excitement about reuniting with their mother, advised, "Go on, head to bed early so you can surprise your mom first thing in the morning."

The two siblings eagerly followed his advice, looking forward to the special reunion with their mother the next day.

Izuna urged Suno, "Suno, hurry! Mom will be home today, and I want to be there when she gets home."

Suno responded, "I'm coming, just give me a second."

Izuna couldn't contain her excitement and ran ahead of Suno.

Suno thought, "She must be really excited to see Mom again. I can't blame her. Living with Argast was... challenging. He was trying to boss us around the whole time. I get that he was in charge, but still."

Suno sped up and caught up to Izuna, teasing, "Hah, caught up to you."

Before Izuna could respond, they both heard a massive explosion in the direction of their home.