Chapter 11

Suno began exploring town when he noticed a nearby forest and thought he could find a nice secluded place to gather his thoughts and rest.

However, he suddenly heard the sound of a fight nearby. Curiosity getting the better of him, Suno decided to investigate the commotion.

As he drew closer to the source of the sounds, he hid among the trees, observing the scene unfold. Suno mumbled to himself, "It looks like some bandits have someone surrounded. Tough break, but they shouldn't be a bother to me."

Just as Suno contemplated leaving the scene, he heard the desperate cry of a child in distress. His conscience wouldn't allow him to walk away. Determined to help, Suno conjured a firebolt and aimed it at the bandits, catching them off guard.

Bandit 1 shouted in surprise, "Who was that? Come OUT!"

Suno leaped from his hiding spot and fired another firebolt. This time, the bandit dodged the attack but stumbled, losing his balance.

Taking advantage of the situation, Suno closed in with his fire cloak and attempted to trip the bandit, emulating Bertholdt.

Bandit 1, now regaining his composure, sneered, "Did you think you could take me down? Our builds are too different, kid... You need more MUSCLE!"

The bandit grabbed Suno and managed to regain his footing, hurling the young boy against the side of a nearby carriage.

Suno grunted as he collided with the carriage. Suno thought to himself

"I should have known that wouldn't work. Our builds are too different." Despite his current predicament, he gathered his mana, charging six firebolts around himself, focusing on making them smaller and more concentrated.

The bandit, overconfident and unimpressed, mocked Suno, "You think those tiny little flames are gonna hurt me, boy? BRING IT!"

Without hesitation, Suno unleashed his firebolts at the bandit, who displayed no intention of dodging the attack. The fiery projectiles made contact with the bandit's body, and for a brief moment, the flames appeared to dissipate. However, they suddenly burst through, engulfing the bandit in a fiery explosion.

Suno had defeated the bandit who had underestimated him, and as the flames dissipated, he remarked, "Idiot, you underestimated me because I'm a kid, and now you've paid the price."

Despite his victory, Suno was in pain and felt a sharp discomfort in his chest. However, he pushed the pain aside for the moment and approached the carriage to check on the passengers inside.

With considerable effort, Suno approached the carriage to address the woman. Despite his injuries, he said to her, "Hi there, um, I stopped the bandits." The woman, surprised to see a child accomplish such a feat, slowly exited the carriage and observed the defeated bandits and guards. The woman exclaimed, "Oh, I see you're a magic user. That makes more sense. Please allow me to..."

The woman began to speak with Suno, offering her gratitude, but her words trailed off as she saw Suno suddenly collapse, unconscious. In a panic, she tried to wake him while also checking on her carriage driver, unsure of what to do.

In the realm of a featureless white void, Suno found himself awakening, his body aching all over. As he took in his surroundings, a mysterious figure emerged from the blank expanse.

"Hello, Suno. I think it's time I explain your situation a little," the figure greeted him.

Suno, puzzled and sore, listened as the figure continued, "You see, there's a reason why you can't remember your past, but you know you've been reincarnated. For the sake of keeping this quick and simple, I am you—or, well, I'm who you used to be. For reasons I won't disclose yet, you can't remember your past life. That will come much later."