Chapter 8

Suno and the invader found themselves in a vast desert-like area, with scorching heat and nothing but sand as far as the eye could see.

The invader, catching his breath, questioned their location, "Where are we?

Suno retorted angrily, "That's what I should be asking you. It's your device."

The invader realized, "We should have been sent back to my hideout, but we're in the middle of nowhere."

Examining the device, "You! You broke it when you hit it before we transported. It must have scrambled the coordinates."

The invader seemed violently frustrated as he looked around the desolate environment. He muttered, "This mission was a complete bust. I guess I'm going home empty-handed."

Suno, already standing above the man, growled. "You thought I would let you escape after what you did? Nah, it doesn't work like that."

The invader, now nervous, tried to reason, "Kid, wait you shouldn't have any mana left. What are you..."

Before the man could finish speaking, Suno brought his fist down on him. The invader tried to guard himself but still took damage as Suno continued to punch him relentlessly.

Suno, worn out and injured, realized he couldn't stay in this hostile environment and needed to return home. He muttered weakly, "I can't stay here. I gotta... get... home..."

After a few moments of walking, suno passed out in the hot sand.

Some time passed, and Suno woke up, feeling the intense heat. He knew he needed to find a place to escape from the scorching sun.

Suno thought to himself, "Ugh, it's so hot. I need to find a place to get out of the heat."

He looked around, trying to figure out which way to go. After a brief examination, he decided to head southwest.

As he continued in that direction, Suno came across an odd scaly creature. He was puzzled and muttered, "What the heck is that thing?"

The sand creature suddenly turned and lunged at Suno with surprising speed. Suno barely managed to dodge its attack.

Suno realized that his magic wasn't working as expected. His fire bolt fizzled out before hitting the creature. He pondered, "You've got to be kidding me."

The creature, undeterred, lunged at Suno once more, knocking him to the ground. Suno, on the ground, thought, I'm too worn out to use magic properly. I need a new plan. It has those scales, so if I can just get rid of them, it should be vulnerable."

Suno recalled that the creature had flat scales on its underside, especially around its stomach. He decided to exploit that weakness.

The creature charged at Suno once more. Suno hatched a plan and thought, "I hope this works, or I'm out of options." As the creature lunged, he ducked under it and delivered an uppercut to its stomach.

The impact produced a cracking sound, and the creature was knocked onto its back. Suno knew it wasn't a powerful punch, but it did stop the creature.

He thought, "Not a strong enough punch, but it stopped it. I'll slow-burn it from that crack." Suno attempted to activate his mana and began burning the creature slowly.

Suno began to yank the scales off, but the sharp edges cut his fingers, causing him to shout, "Ow! Sharp little things."

He carefully tucked a few scales into his pocket and continued walking, pondering, "I wonder what I should call that turtle thing when I get home. I can tell Mom and Izuna all about them. How about 'sand prowlers'? Yeah, I like it."