Chapter 14

I decided to head into town and ask Aiko if she wants to join me. However, Aiko declines, mentioning that her mom is preparing her for an upcoming event.

"An event?"

Aiko confirms, "Yeah, we're having a party or something soon."

I wished her to have fun and proceeded to explore the town. "There has to be a map or something in a place this big. How do they expect people to find anything here?"

While wandering around, Suno spots one of the vendors from before strolling nearby. He approaches the vendor and asks, "Hey, can you help me find something?"

The vendor recognizes him, saying, "Oh, it's you from the other day. How's it going?"

Suno replies, "It's going well. Do you know where I can find a craftsman?"

The vendor responds, "Oh, is this for work again? If you keep going straight, you should find a sign with a hammer on it."

Suno expresses his gratitude, "Thank you, mister," waves goodbye, and continues toward his destination.

Suno steps into the shop, prompting a small bell to ring as the door opens. A woman behind the counter greets him, "Name for the order, kid?"

Suno responds, "Suno?"

The woman checks her inventory and informs him, "Nope, don't got anything."

Suno clarifies, "Oh, I want to have you make something."

The owner brightens up, "Oh, so you're a customer! What do you want, a new toy or something? I got plenty of hand-me-downs."

Suno explains, "Nothing like that. Can you make something to hide my face?"

The owner suggests, "You mean a helmet?"

Suno affirms, "Yeah, can you do it?"

The woman presents a few helmets, but Suno doesn't seem satisfied. He requests, "Do you have anything better?"

The owner reacts, "Hey!"

Suno corrects himself, "Wrong word. Do you have anything just for my face, not anything else?"

The owner understands, "What do you mean? Like bandit cloth?"

Suno confirms, "Yeah, but make it cover my whole face, like this." He picks up a helmet. "Oh, can you copy the design from this onto it?"

The owner agrees, "Of course, I can."

Suno further asks, "Can you afford it?"

Suno takes a moment, realizing his limited funds. He says, "Scratch that. Can you just make a plain black mask? It doesn't need to be strong, just hide my face."

The owner responds, "Okay, yeah, give me a second to put in a price. How about 1 silver?"

Suno agrees, "Sure, I can do that. How long will this take?"

The owner estimates, "Maybe a day or two."

Suno concludes, "Nice, well, I'll be back in two days."

The owner reminds him, "Ahem!"

Suno apologizes, handing her the 1 silver. "Pleasure doing business with you," she says, waving goodbye.

As Suno walks back to the castle, he notices a group of men being thrown out of a building. The men hastily retreat, leaving behind something they dropped. Suno bends down to pick it up and realizes, "Nice, that guy dropped 7 silver."

Curious about the commotion, Suno contemplates, "I wonder what they were running away from." He notices an adventurer hall nearby and recalls a past experience, thinking, "Yeah, not eager to do that again. But this place is different."