Chapter 5

Both Suno and Izuna searched for something to do inside Argast's home. Izuna eventually found a book to read and called Suno over.

"Come here, Suno, let's read this book."

Suno agreed, and they began reading the book. Argast noticed them engrossed in their reading and asked if they wanted to eat. Initially, they declined, but after their stomachs grumble loudly, Argast insisted and started cooking.

As they were eating, Izuna was pleasantly surprised by the taste of the food and encouraged Suno to try some. Suno agreed, and they both enjoyed the meal. They asked for more, and Argast happily obliged.

The kids devoured every bowl placed in front of them, which made Argast laugh.

"You guys are just like your mother; you'll eat everything in sight."

When Argast checked for any remaining food for himself, he found that there was none left, as the kids had eaten it all.

Izuna's curiosity led her to inquire about the relationship between their mother, Kari, and Argast.

"Are you friends with Mom?" she asked, her eyes shining with curiosity.

Argast gave a knowing smile and responded, "A little more than friends. We're kind of like family. We were part of a team of adventurers when we were a bit younger."

Suno and Izuna, intrigued by this revelation, chimed in unison, "Cool."

Argast continued with a fondness in his voice, "Yep, we went on a bunch of missions together, but the one thing that never changed was your mother's appetite."

Suno, showing interest in their mother's past, inquired, "Was Mom strong?"

Izuna followed up, "Yeah, like really strong?"

Argast chuckled, reminiscing about the past. "She was unstoppable. We even gave her a nickname, 'Fire Lily.'"

Suno, still puzzled, questioned, "Isn't a Lily a type of flower, though? How can a flower be scary?"

Argast explained, "It's because appearances can be deceiving. Your mother looked nothing like a fighter, but when she needed to, she could flip a switch and become someone different."

Izuna, clearly impressed, urged him to share more stories. "So cool! Tell us more!"

Argast, with a knowing look, replied, "You'll have to wait until you're older for more. These stories are not meant for kids."

Argast then suggested they get the two youngsters set up in a room for bedtime. Suno and Izuna, not thrilled about the idea of going to sleep, protested, "Boo, we don't wanna go to sleep."

Argast, understanding their reluctance, reassured them, "I know, I know, but a lot happened today, so you should rest up."

With a collective sigh, Suno and Izuna accepted the idea and prepared for bed.

As night descended and Suno drifted into a peaceful slumber, his sister, Izuna, suddenly roused him from his dreams.

Izuna whispered urgently, "Suno, can you help me with something?"

Half-asleep, Suno mumbled drowsily, "Five more minutes, Mom, I'm not hungry."

An impatient Izuna smacked Suno to wake him up, causing him to jolt. "Ow? Who did that... Izuna?"

Ignoring his groggy protests, Izuna insisted, "Come outside, I need your help."

Suno grumbled, "Why can't this wait until morning?"

Izuna explained, "I can't sleep."

Resigned to his sister's persistence, Suno agreed, "Okay fine. Let's go."