𝟬𝟭𝟭 - 𝗜 𝗞𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗔 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗘

❝𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘨𝘰 // 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘯❞

𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗬 𝟵𝗧𝗛 , 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯
𝗟𝗢𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗦 , 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗔
𝟮:𝟭𝟭 𝗣𝗠

Tatum and Lucy had been together for a month now, Lucy's parents knew she was dating Tatum, but the Swifts had no clue Tatum was into women, let alone dating one. It wasn't that Tatum didn't trust her family, it was more of an internal problem.

"You okay?" Lucy asked, lowering the TV volume, "You're usually yelling at the characters telling them not to do stupid shit"

"I've been thinking," Tatum sat up to face her girlfriend, "I met your parents a few weeks back and they were amazing, but you haven't met mine, well you have just not as my girlfriend"

"You want me to officially meet your parents, as your girlfriend?" Lucy questioned, and Tatum nodded. "Do they know you're gay?"

"No, I haven't exactly told them yet"

"If you're worried about them not accepting you then don't, they seem like good people"

Tatum shook her head, "I'm not worried about that. Fuck, maybe I am, I don't know" She curled up in a ball beside Lucy. "Tell me what to do, I don't know anymore"

"Well, for starters, you should at least tell your folks about you being gay"

Tatum gave Lucy a slight head nod, "Can you be there when I tell them?"

"Of course, whatever you need"

A couple days had passed since that conversation, Tatum decided to do it over FaceTime since she couldn't exactly catch a last minute flight to Denver.

Andrea answered the call to see her daughter sitting comfortably in the arms of another girl. "Oh, hi honey"

Tatum pushed herself off of Lucy and awkwardly sat there beside her girlfriend, "Hi momma. There's something I really need to tell you, where's papa?"

"A couple cars behind me, you want me to wait till I'm with him?" Tatum glanced at Lucy momentarily and shook her head. "You're scaring me, is it something bad?"

"No, I'm okay" Lucy draped an arm over Tatum's shoulders and gave her and encouraging smile. "I'm gay."

It felt odd to finally say it, but good all in one. Tatum had never actually said it. Andrea was quiet for a moment, processing what her youngest child had just told her.

A small smile tugged at the corner of her lips, "That's great! If you're happy, I'm happy. So I'm guessing this your girlfriend?"

"How'd you know?"

"Honey, I can tell by the way you look at her" Andrea turned to Lucy, "Do you love her?"

"Yes, I do, with my whole heart"

"I'm glad you found each other, my daughter deserves someone like you in her life"

𝗔/𝗡:
BOYGENIUS CAME OUT FOR SILK CHIFFON FOR NIGHT 1 (and night 2 but that wasnt my show). I DIED AT THE GREEK. HOW DO I MOVE ON FROM THAT. POST CONCERT DEPRESSION IS HITTING HARD. THEY COVERED STYLE. THEY COVERED SINCE U BEEN GONE. THEY HUGGED BEFORE I KNOW A PLACE. IM FUCKING DEAD. DECEASED. MY SOUL WAS SNATCHED. WHAT THE FUCK.

WHAT THE FUCK. THEY PLAYED EVERYTHING LAST NIGHT. MY FAVORITE MUNA SONG. I MISSED IT BY ONE DAY. IM GONNA GO FUCKING DIE NOW WHAT THE FUCK.

i hate writing fillers, can u tell?
also couldnt find a song that fit this chapter so i just went with I know a place 😭