The choice is yours (16)

Y/N POV:

"It feels like i've lost everybody. Khloe, Tom, Abby, my own mother, Lily..."
My lips quiver, I can't stop the tears now.

"Y/N, no matter who comes and goes, I'll never leave, okay?"
She assures me, with the words I needed to hear exactly in that moment.

"Y/N, let's go out tonight! Bill's busy anyways, it'll be fun!"
She tells me, it's been a little while but I couldn't be bothered.

"Leyyy, i'm too tired."
I tell her, she continues to beg me.

"Plus, you haven't been to a real club for months. Just come, it'll get your mind off of things."
I really did need a distraction, I sigh and agree.

"Fine."
She smiles and looks at the clock. 4pm.

"Let's leave at 6, it'll be best if I drive this time"
I definitely agree with her on that. She leaves back to her room and I rummage through my closet, seeing what I can put together.

I end up picking a long, grey dress with spaghetti straps, planning to wear it with some white airforces

I put it on, leaving my hair down, adding little bits of jewellery.
I head to Aleyna's room and spot her coincidently wearing the same dress.

"Cute, we're matching!"
She says, turning back to her mirror to continue fixing her hair into a braid.

I lay on her bed, waiting patiently for her to finish up so we can get in the car.

"If we wanna get there at 6, let's start driving at 5. It's about an hour away, it's fairly new."
She tells me, I look at my phone. 4:46pm.

🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻

"Okay, let's go!"
We both jump into her car and she starts it up, beginning to drive.

"It's decent weather today, nothing like that thunderstorm the other night."
Hearing those words sends a shiver down my spine, memories flooding back from that night. I don't want to think about him! I don't want to think about Tom, or the thunderstorm, or the crash, or anything related to him!

🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼

We finally pull up into the car park of the club after a long, talkative drive. It was 6:30pm, as we made a few stops before getting here.
Every step we take towards entering, I continue to think about Tom. How would Tom feel about this? I wish Tom was here. I wanna be with Tom.

"Can I see ID, ladies?"
The bouncer asked, we both pulled out our ID's, confirming our age and putting them back into our wallets. We entered the place and were suddenly bombarded with loud, pumping music, people all over the place and each other, drinks on every table.

"Wow, I haven't been to an actual club for ages, I think the last time was your birthday Y/N."
She tells me, I smile thinking about how fun that night was, however it drops as I think of Khloe and Abby. If you asked me 9 months ago how I thought about Khloe, I would have told you the most amazing things about her, people really change.

🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼

"Y/N, all the guys here are soooooo hoottttt. But Bill is hotterrr!"
Aleyna drunkly dances, slurring on her words.

"Y/N, why don't you drink with meeee!"
She asked me, which there was an obvious answer to.

"Then who's going to drive us home?"
She brushes off my words, continuing trying to get me to drink with her but I have to be responsible so I refuse. Each one I refuse, she downs it down her throat.

"I'll be right back, I need to peeeee!"
She yelled and ran off to somewhere, just as I was about to chase her, I lost her in the crowd. This is the most she's drunken in a while, usually she's more mature about how much she drinks. I pretend to scroll on my phone as I awkwardly stand around waiting for her.

"Y/N... I didn't think i'd ever see you here."
I hear a voice speak from behind me, my heart stopped. It can't be ... no. I got away from him, no way it can be him.

I turn around and my fear was coming true, it was him. It was really Nick.

"No, no please get away from me!"
I yelled, backing away from him. This 6'1 man, brown and blonde streaks in his hair stood before me, my ex. I look at his necks, as obvious purple marks stand out off his neck. Gross.

"You wouldn't want anything to happen to Tom, right?"
My heart skipped a beat as he said that, what?

"What the fuck? How do you know Tom, you psychopath?!"
I shouted back at him.

"You really think I haven't seen you around here? Did you really think you could just run away that night and go live with your friends? And that I would find you eventually?"
I felt myself go pale, what does he mean by that?

"How long have you..."
Before I get to finish my sentence, he interrupts.

"I've been watching you here for a while Y/N, i've been waiting for the perfect time. And now, we can finally be together."
He tries to grab my hand but I smack it, hard.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? You're a fucking stalker, Nick! We are over, we were over a long time ago, you've clearly moved on by the fucking marks on your neck. Get the fuck away from me!"
I yelled, he tries to grip my wrist but I break it off again.

"Y/N, I have connections. I know people, do you know what could happen to Tom or your little friend? Because I assure you, it won't be very pretty, beautiful."
I almost gag at the nickname he calls me. But then my eyes widen as I realise what he actually said.

"What... What will you do? No... you can't hurt them. They didn't fucking do anything! What do you want from me?"
I snap, my eyes begin to water. What the fuck?
He leans in closer towards my ear, before whispering,

"I want you to be with me."
No, no no no no.

"Are you fucking serious, Nick? I broke up with YOU because YOU were seeing other girls."
I said, by now I felt a tear fall. Not from sadness but from frustration and anger.

"Y/N, I can't resist you. You're just so... beautiful. Be with me, and all your little friends will be safe and... unharmed."
A shiver races down my spine as he said the last word. Did I really have a choice? If I didn't get back with him, something bad will happen to Tom. He didn't deserve this.

"Nick... Nick please don't do this to me."
I pathetically beg him, but i'd do anything than get back with him.

"The choice is yours."
He said with a devious smirk on his face. I look down at the floor, ashamed and scared.

"Fine."

thoughts —>