Pride

Soojin POV.

"I'll head first dad. Wait for unnie, she'll accompany you"

"Alright honey, take care." He then give me a hug before entering the house.

I walk to the nearest bus stop and wait there. Today is Mom's 3rd death anniversary so we'll visit her. I need to head first since I need to buy flowers and food. Unnie and dad will join me later.

It's been 3 years since we lost her but the pain is still fresh. When all my life I'm relying on her even in small things like waking me up in the morning or combing my hair in the evening, it leaves a huge empty space in my heart when we lost her.

I blink and look up to held back the tears that's building in my eyes. I choose an upbeat song and shove my thoughts at the back of my head as I watch cars passing by.

I was startled when someone tap my shoulder.

"Hi Jinjin. Goodmorning!"

Ugh! Again?

Since the night of our first meeting, this girl always spawn out of nowhere. For our first encounter, I can say that it's coinsidence, but recently it's kinda annoying. Not to mention the text messages that she's constantly sending everyday. I'm thankful that she's so supportive in every competition but it's kinda creepy at the same time. We're not that close.

"Hello" I look at her offer a small smile and then focus again on my phone pretending that I'm texting.

"You're taking the bus? Where are you heading?" she then offer a sandwich which I kindly decline.

"Daejeon"

"Oh really? Me too! Ow the bus is here let's go!" She excitedly grab my arm and pull me into the bus. I don't have the energy to argue so I just allow her. I tap my card and walk further inside the bus, looking for a seat. I remember that it's Sunday, the bus is full of passengers, mostly families who I guess will spend time together before another week starts.

I position myself and hold onto one of the bar handle inside.

"What do you want?" I ask the annoying girl beside me who keeps glancing at me since the bus starts moving.

"Wh-what? Uhm nothing"

The bus suddenly stopped which made us, people standing, almost lost our balance. Out of instinct, I scoop my hand on Shuhua's waist while my other hand hold onto the bars tighly, pulling her near me, preventing us from falling.

It my first time seeing her this close. Her eyes is very captivating. It looks so small but round at the same time, the dark brown color of it compliments her pale skin color. Her warm reddish lipstick shines in her heart-shape lips. Her long black hair, her high and straight nose, even her mole on her left cheeks perfectly fits her face. She's really beautiful.

Am I checking her out? Sh**t!

I cleared my throat and pull my hand off of her waist.

"I-uhm. Wh-why are you riding the bus when you don't know how to balance yourself?" I panic when I saw the smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes and move to the side, to give way for the other passenger who's getting off the bus.

"Sit here" I added as I push her to the vacant seat, avoiding her gaze. I stare outside while trying to balance myself when the bus starts to move again.

When my stop is near, I walk towards the front, so I can get off immediately.
I thank the driver and bowed at him before going off. I stretch my back and plug my earphones again before I start walking.