Chapter 66: (The Rainbow's Daughter)

(The Rainbow's Daughter) 

*June 15th, 1906*

*Plain fields*

Dorothy, Shaggy Man, and Button-Bright stood at the dancing woman who captivated their eyes.

The woman was in her twenties and was of average height with long rainbow-colored hair, rainbow eyes, and a beautiful rainbow-colored dress.

"Excuse me, you seem sad. Are you doing okay? You seem to be dancing yet you are still weeping." Dorothy asked the woman curiously while waiting for an answer which caught the woman's attention as she turned around to face the young girl with a surprised yet shy look on her face.

"Very! I must dance to keep myself warm but I'm also unhappy since I'm lost..." The woman responded to Dorothy rather shyly while looking down at the floor before her eyes darted back to Dorothy who appeared to look at her with a smile on her face.

"Lost? I see. Well, I was wondering if you want to join our adventure to the Emerald City. I have a good friend who can help you return to wherever it is that you came from" Dorothy advised the woman politely and this was met with the young woman grabbing her hands gently with a smile on her face.

"Really?! Can you help me? Thank you! I'm Polychrome, the daughter of the rainbow, you?" Polychrome spoke to Dorothy cheerfully while still holding onto her hand.

"Oh! I didn't know rainbows could have children but I guess everything goes in the merry old Land of Oz but I'm Dorothy Gale, It's a pleasure to meet you and I hope we can become good friends or at least good partners" Dorothy politely responded to Polychrome while Shaggy Man and Button-Bright slowly walked closer to the ongoing conversation.

"My name is Shaggy Man! Pleased to be at your service and I never thought I'd meet a child of the rainbow! Simply marvelous I must say!" Shaggy Man greeted Polychrome as he tipped his hat in respect while gently shaking her hand.

"Shaggy?! What a strange name! I never knew this world was full of such wonderful people. I think I'm going to like it here" Polychrome spoke to Shaggy Man in a joyous tone while looking over to see Button-Bright looking at her rather shyly which made her walk over to the fox-headed boy.

"And what is your name and why is your head shaped so oddly? I must know the answers" Polychrome asked Button-Bright curiously while observing the fox-headed boy with great interest.

"Button-Bright and my head was turned into a fox by an awful king.." Button-Bright responded with a frown on his face as this shocked the woman while she put her hand over her mouth.

"That's awful!! I always knew foxes were tricksters! My father always warned me to avoid them at any cost but I'm sorry this happened to you" Polychrome spoke to Button-Bright once more in a tone of surprise and shock while the boy nodded in agreement and after the small talk, she looked over to see Toto staring at her which made her smile.

"And who might this cute fellow be? Could he be another enchanted person?" Polychrome spoke once more while looking at Toto who was staring at her.

"Oh no, Poly, he's just my pet dog named Toto. He came from the same place that me and Shaggy Man came from but the more important question is how you became lost in the first place. You stated that you came from the rainbow, right?" Dorothy responded with a look of curiosity on her face while waiting for an answer from the woman.

"Well, you see. My father stretched his rainbow early this morning, and I was dancing upon the pretty colorful rays, as I love to do; however, I realized I was going too far and when I did, it was too late since I'd fallen from the rainbow. When I fell, I was left alone to face this cold, lonely, and hard Earth and if it wasn't for my dancing then I would have frozen to death.." Polychrome explained to Dorothy and the others with a sad tone in her voice as more tears fell from her eyes which caused Dorothy to gently rub her shoulder in comfort.