Chapter 102: (Keep Up, Dorothy!)

(Keep Up, Dorothy!)

*July, 26th, 1906*

*Topeka, Kansas*

Dorothy and Dion wasted no time quickly jumping straight into the next round of their fight by charging straight at each other as their elbows clashed.

After this, the clash's impact caused some small lighting cracks to appear from the pair before they quickly broke free from the clash.

"Straw Wood Strings!" Dion cried out before expanding his arms to unleash another deadly attack toward his opponent, and of course, this moment shocked Scarecrow since that was his move.

"Using another one of my best friend's moves against me? Talk about insanity!" Dorothy spoke out before quickly dodging the attack with ease.

After this, Dorothy quickly ran across the trail of strings before quickly delivering a kick that sent Dion flying up in the air; this was followed by Dorothy flying up.

"Kansas Crusher!!" Dorothy cried out before launching a slew of punches and kicks toward Dion which caused the creature to yelp in pain while continuously being overwhelmed by the attack.

Soon after the assault, Dorothy used one of her legs to swiftly kick Dion back to the ground which generated a loud thud as parts of the arena were destroyed.

"I'm not done yet! Here's the finisher, Dion!" Dorothy cried out once more as she generated a yellowish energy ball from her hand before immediately sending it toward Dion's way as this caused a small explosion to the arena, creating a small crater in the process.

During the events of this, everyone was stunned by the performance of Dorothy.

"A-Amazing!! The young girl, Dorothy, is winning so far. What a stunning turn of events!!" Emily spoke to her microphone while Louis was stunned at everything.

"I-I can't even see what's going on!? Just flashes of light and plenty of loud sounds but if this girl is winning then I'm rooting for her!" Louis spoke in a stunned voice while looking over to see Mario checking on Sadako, who was still unconscious.

"But to think this Dorothy girl is still standing..." Louis thought to himself before returning to the battlefield. On the other side, Ozma and the others continued to cheer Dorothy on.

"Keep it up, Dorothy! You can do this!" Scarecrow cheered for his friend as he continued to do so.

Back at the battle, The smoke slowly cleared away before showing Dion, staring up at his opponent with menacing eyes.

"I see, it seems I've underestimated you since that little attack managed to cut me a little so now I shall fight a little more seriously.." Dion spoke to Dorothy with annoyance while looking at his hand which had a small wound.

This, in turn, made Dorothy raise an eyebrow as she began to speak.

"W-Wait what do you mean?! Dorothy uttered back; however, right when she said this, she saw Dion quickly charging towards her.

After this, Dion elbowed Dorothy in her jaw, and this sent her flying up in the air before feeling a hard punch toward her back causing her to cry out in pain.

"Y-You little.." Dorothy uttered in annoyance as she attempted to deliver a swift kick to Dion; however, this was only an afterimage as Dion dodged it. This event shocked Dorothy as she suddenly felt the creature's presence behind her, which made her eyes widen.

"Let me tell you something, when I was being created back in the Land of the Growleywogs and the Nome Kingdom, I sensed your power, It was faint; however, I knew that you were the one I wanted to fight from the moment I was born, so I intend to force that power out of you..." Dion explained to Dorothy before delivering a swift kick toward her back that caused her to fall back to the ground.