Chapter 77: (The Nome King's Plan)

(The Nome King's Plan)

*Author's Note: A new arc begins! This arc is loosely based on the sixth book, The Emerald City of Oz*

*July 13th, 1906*

*Nome Kingdom*

One month has passed since Dorothy's last adventure in Oz, and all seemed to be well; however, one person wasn't so well, and it was Nome King who was in a furious mood.

"Kaliko!! Get in here right now!!" Nome King cried in fury, ringing the bell in hopes of alerting his servant to arrive at the scene, and to his luck, he did.

"G-Greetings, your majesty. What seems to be the trouble today?" Kaliko asked his ruler with a hint of fear yet politeness in his voice, bowing in the process; however, Nome King angrily threw his mini staff at the nome, hurting him.

"Fool! There's always trouble!! What question is that?! I've brought you here to discuss my latest plan to crush Dorothy, Ozma. and the Emerald City!" Nome King responded angrily, stomping, while Kaliko quickly got up and began to speak.

"Why, of course. Please tell me the latest updates regarding the plan. We could finally let General Guph command the Nome Army after what seemed like forever." Kaliko responded to Nome King while rubbing his head to ease the pain. Nome King smiled gleefully after hearing those words, and thus, he began to explain his plan.

"Correct! We shall have Guph lead at least fifty thousand nome soldiers march to the Emerald City, destroy it, and finally, enslave Ozma and the rest of the residents of that darn place!" Nome King responded joyfully, laughing to himself as Kaliko was going to say something; however, a voice interrupted him, and it was General Guph himself.

"Your majesty, this sounds like a marvelous plan; however, we can't cross the Deadly Desert since anyone shall perish instantly. We need another alternative if we want to succeed in conquering the Emerald City." Guph advised Nome King, entering the room with a stern look. General Guph was a relatively short and slim nome.

He wore a red military suit that was decorated with green emeralds, and he had green eyes.

"Like I care?! Find a way across the Deadly Desert! I must have my revenge on Ozma, Dorothy, and the other fools who crushed my dreams of conquering Oz!" Nome King responded rather angrily while Guph laughed in his face, much to his annoyance.

"There's no other way to cross the Deadly Desert; however, I have one method. If we can drill a hole through our tunnels, we will eventually arrive at the Emerald City, and there, we can conquer Oz, and you'll be happy your majesty. Nome King was pleased while hearing this as he quickly jumped up and down in joy.

"That's it! My subjects shall build a tunnel under the desert right up to the Emerald City, and there, you and the nomes shall conquer the country!" Nome King responded joyfully while looking at Guph in his eyes, smiling at him.

"And shall we fail? Do you have a backup plan?" Guph responded, staring back at Nome King as he waited.

"Yes, I do. My little Nomes have spent countless months constructing him, and surely HE won't fail me. Come along. I must show you something.." Nome King responded, smiling at the general as he and
Guph began to walk over to a door that led to the construction room.  Nome King and Guph entered the room, and there stood an entire large and booming room filled with many Nomes constructing plenty of shields, arrows, and a vast beast that appeared to be sleeping.

"See? This is the untapped power of the Nomes. Something that Ozma and Dorothy can't defeat. We can crush these fools with this power..." Nome King spoke to Guph with a hint of confidence while Guph gleefully smiled at what he saw.