Chapter 84: (Guph's Final Destination)

(Guph's Final Destination)

*July 14th, 1906*

*Mount Phantastico*

The clouds and scenery were a yellowish color that had a beauty to it as the evening sun shone upon the mountain that stood beyond the Deadly Desert, and it was nothing but a wasteland as Guph climbed the mountain.

"I'm glad I managed to convince Winkle to allow me to gather more people for our invasion of Oz. It's such a shame that the rest of my army are still captive.." Guph spoke to himself as he continued climbing the mountain while struggling due to fatigue and tiredness, but he did it regardless.

Guph would eventually make it to the near top where a path was located, and there he began to walk the path.

"The Phanfasms are nearly as dangerous as the Nomes, and that's mainly due to their magical abilities that could even give the Nome King a run for his money; however, getting them to obey will be difficult..." Guph spoke to himself once more while he continued to walk across the path until coming across another cliff that he had to climb.

This led to Guph climbing the second mountain top and at the top stood an Owl who guarded the entrance to the village.

"What are you doing here? Speak now or forever hold your peace!" The Owl Guardian commanded Guph sternly while the little Nome quickly began to speak.

"Greetings, I'm General Guph. Leader and commander of the Nome Army, and I've come to see the first and foremost Phanfasm, I've come for a favor.." Guph responded politely in hopes of winning the Owl's trust, and this led to the Owl raising an eyebrow.

"Ah! First and foremost shall decide the best way to punish you, but follow me right this way, Guph.." The Owl Guardian responded rather coldly as he and Guph began to walk toward their destination.

Guph and The Owl Guardian would eventually arrive at the main village which mostly consisted of structures made out of rocks, stones, and everything gray.

"Tell me, why do you seek out the assistance of our people? Is the Nome King that weak, hm?" The Owl Guardian asked Guph curiously while the little Nome quickly shook his head in denial before speaking once more.

"Nonsense! Roquat is quite powerful; however, he needs the extra help to crush Oz and the Emerald City." Guph responded with a hint of offense in his voice while the Owl nodded understandably before turning to face the village.

"I see, well, let's see what HE has to say about this situation.." The Owl Guardian responded once more to Guph as he took a few deep breaths before finally speaking yet again.

"Lee-Ow-Ah!" The Owl Guardian called out to the leader, and there was silence for a few seconds until Lee-Ow-Ah finally appeared before them.

Lee-Ow-Ah had the appearance of a large brown bear: however, his body was hairless with the only fur remaining on his head and neck area.

"Hmm, why have you captured this foolish wanderer, Gizmo!?" Lee-Ow-Ah asked Gizmo in a curious yet slightly angry way while Gizmo shook his head in denial before responding to the question.

"No, Sir. This little man arrived all by himself. He seems to have a death wish.." Gizmo responded calmly while this caused the large bear to grab Guph by his hair.

"You must be tired of your life, eh? You seek to die by MY hands, HM?" Lee-Ow-Oh asked rather angrily while growling at Guph; however, Guph remained rather calm as he began to speak.

"No, Sir. I honestly expect to live such a long and fruitful life. I'm General Guph of the Nome Army. If you'll be so kind as to hear what I have to say.." Guph responded kindly in hopes of gaining his trust, but unfortunately, this wasn't enough to convince him.