Chapter 90: (Planning for the Invasion)

(Planning for the Invasion)

*July 15th, 1906*

*Emerald Palace*

Three hours passed since Dorothy and Omby Amby went inside the chamber, and during this, Ozma summoned everyone to discuss the upcoming invasion.

"It seems the Nome King is planning on invading Oz. His tunnel was completed today, they've managed to build it right underneath my palace. I fear a surprise attack might overwhelm the citizens of Oz.." Ozma explained to everyone with a worried expression on her face while Scarecrow began to speak up in regards to the situation.

"I agree, and it's dreadful that we don't have Dorothy and Omby Amby to assist us. It's only for a day but anything could happen during the course of twenty-four hours..." Scarecrow responded in a serious manner while Ozma nodded in agreement before speaking once more.

"Exactly, and to make things worse, Roquat managed to convince the Whimsies, Growleywogs, and the Phanfasms. They're not strong, or so I believe; however, they have strange magic that could be an issue for us.." Ozma responded to Scarecrow once more while also explaining it to the others.

Tin Woodman, who managed to arrive via Ozma's silver shoes, had stepped forward to present what he had to say.

"We should also be on the lookout for the mysterious creature. There's been reports and sightings of a creature that's been terrorizing Oz.." Tin Woodman advised Ozma in a serious voice while the princess nodded in agreement.

"If only Omby Amby was with us, but I understand that he must train Dorothy so she could get stronger, so we shall hold out for the next day." Ozma responded while Tin Woodman nodded in agreement.

"That sounds like a good plan, and in the meantime, let's see what Nome King and his cronies are up to?" Tin Woodman responded to his friend once more while pointing at the mirror.

Ozma would nod in agreement before turning her attention toward the magic mirror.

"I wish to see the Nome King's cavern!" Ozma commanded her magic mirror as a brilliant flash of light appeared within the mirror before settling on the image of Nome King.

Ozma and the others stared into what seemed to be Nome King talking with his allies that were gained during the last day.

*Nome Kingdom*

Nome King and Guph stood in front of the leaders of the Whimisies, Growelywogs, and Phanfasms.

"Alright, we were set to invade Emerald City in two days, but I refuse to wait any longer so we shall start our journey at midnight, right? Then we shall arrive at daybreak. We'll destroy the city and march through the Land of Oz, conquering the land as we please!" Nome King instructed his allies before laughing maniacally to himself before Winkle and Lee-Ow-Oh joined in his laughter.

"Good! Once everything is said and done, I shall make Ozma my slave! She'll do my every command!" Lee-Ow-Oh responded joyfully before laughing once more; however, Winkle wasn't happy hearing this.

"It seems you've miscalculated on the issue. Ozma shall be my slave, and besides! We still have the secret weapon under our display so I should have the highest honors.." Winkle responded in a smart tone of voice while adjusting his glasses.

This angered Lee-Ow-Oh as he growled at his annoyance; however, Nome King quickly caught this and immediately calmed down the dispute between the two. "Settle down, we should not fight amongst each other.

"That's what Ozma wants. Once we conquer everything, we shall decide who gets what, okay?" Nome King advised his two allies in a rather calm voice as Winkle and Lee-Ow-Oh nodded in agreement.