Chapter 110: (A New Encounter)

(A New Encounter)

*Author's Note: A new arc begins! This arc isn't based on any Oz novel but rather an original story created by me but I hope everyone enjoys it! Also, Mary Louise is a character from another Baum series titled Mary Louise*

*January 13th, 1907*

*2:30 pm*

*Topeka, Kansas*

Six months passed since Dorothy saved Oz, and the young girl was sitting in a coffee shop, waiting for someone.

The coffee shop had a rustic interior with plants, flowers, and brown wood, giving off a comfortable vibe.

"I wonder who Mary Louise is and why she wants to interview me. I hope she doesn't get too personal or anything." Dorothy whispered to herself before sipping coffee while waiting for Mary.

Soon after, a young girl entered the coffee shop and sat across from Dorothy, the girl was indeed Mary Louise.

Mary had short brown curly hair, and brown eyes, and she wore a suit that she found comfortable to wear.

"Good Afternoon. My name is Mary Louise Burrows and it's a pleasure to finally meet you, Dorothy." Mary greeted Dorothy with a smile, reaching her hand out for a handshake.

"And I'm Dorothy Gale, it's a pleasure to meet you as well, Mary." Dorothy responded with a smile while accepting the handshake.

After this, Mary took out a pencil and notebook, ready to take notes for the interview as she began to speak.

"Alright, I guess I should tell you about myself before we get things started. As you know already, My name is Mary Louise Burrows, and not just that, I'm a fifteen-year-old detective who solves cases while also interviewing people along the way but that's enough about me, let's interview you, Dorothy." Mary introduced herself to Dorothy in a confident voice while Dorothy nodded with great interest.

"Wonderful, that's quite nice to hear and ask away Mary." Dorothy responded with a smile, eager to start the interview with Mary.

"Alright, first question, How did you end up in this Oz place? I recall that Dion person bringing it up.." Mary asked Dorothy, preparing to take notes of the interview while she waited for an answer.

"Well, It happened when I was only eight years old. I was in my house when a tornado came and swept my old home up in the air." Dorothy answered, sipping on her coffee while Mary jotted down the information in her notes.

"I see, that was roughly seven years ago. Quite interesting indeed." Mary responded while she finished writing down the first set of information before proceeding with the interview.

"Next question. Did you encounter any issues during your first stay in Oz such as creeps?" Mary asked Dorothy, flipping the page in her small notebook as she was ready to hear the answer.

Of course, Dorothy began to answer the question with little trouble.

"Yes, I've encountered quite a few issues, most famously I encountered an evil witch. She was the Wicked Witch of the West, and I defeated her by throwing water on her but it was by accident." Dorothy responded once more while seeing Mary nodding, taking more notes in her notebook.

"An evil witch? Now that's something I don't see every day." Mary responded with a hint of interest in her voice before leaning over to eye Dorothy, preparing for another question.

"Are you sure that Oz is a real place, I mean, anyone could lie about it." Mary asked Dorothy while she waited for an answer.

After this, Dorothy appeared to be offended by Mary's question, crossing her arms as she was ready to respond.