Chapter 10 : Malta Assault

Previously on the Wings of Liberation our witches and some pilots have received the new jets from the alliance, especially Lancelot Team that got the brand new CFA-44 Nosferatu from Estovakia.

What's lie ahead of them?

Let's move out!

0500 Hours.

Romagna Air Base.

Sakamoto was doing training with her Reppumaru like usual because she want to improve her Reppuzan. The powerful gale slash that can stop anything in single attack. No matter how strong the Neuroi was, it can destroy them in one slash. But every slash she did, the more her magic will got drained. The Reppuzan might be able to eliminate anything against it but for the great exchange, it cost a lot of magic power that can harm the user's life.

She then fall down on her knees, due to her powerful slashes.

Sakamoto : Seems like... *Panting* I can't avoid this outcome, huh...

...

??? : Major!

There's a voice of man had called out her name worryingly. That voice was him. Hijikata.

He had run to her with his eyes widened, it's rarely to see him like this because Hijikata was never worried for someone like this ever before. It's seems like he also knew what she's doing now.

Sakamoto : ...Hijikata?

Hijikata : Can you stand? Let me help you major. *Held her hand*

Sakamoto : *Held his hand* Thanks Hijikata, but I'm fine... Really...

...

Hijikata : ...You did it again, don't you?

Sakamoto : ...

Hijikata : *Sigh* Major, I suggest you to stop training that gale slash.

Sakamoto : ...I have to do it, Hijikata. Witches like us were born for fight and protect the people.

Hijikata : ... Even if it's cost your life?

Sakamoto : I have to-

Hijikata : You need to stop! I can't let you die, Major!

Sakamoto : Eh?

Hijikata : Didn't you realize?! Every time you fought the enemies, you didn't care for yourself at all! Also the Reppuzan that might drain all of your magic!

...

Sakamoto : Why did you worried that much?

Hijikata : Because I care about you!

She was shocked, of course she heard him right. He did care about her.

*Drip*

*Drip*

Sakamoto : Eh?

Hijikata : *Wiped his tear* I'm sorry major... I-

*Hugged*

Hijikata : Major?

Sakamoto : I'm sorry, Hijikata. I always made you worried, am I?

Hijikata : ...

Sakamoto : *Smile* Also, thanks for always caring about me... I'm really happy for it.

...

Hijikata : *Hug her* You better be more careful than this, major.

Sakamoto : *Giggling* Of course, how can I not care myself if I have someone always wait and care for me?