Chapter 15 : Carrier landing.

Previously on Wings of Liberation, the whole 501st JSFW along with Hanna, the Hound and Yellow-13 are finally on board, on the CVN-30 Nimitz class carrier. They've planned for the offensive part, change forward and searching for the remaining MRM forces nearby Romagna.

What's gonna happen?

Let's sortie.

PS. I'm sorry for a (VERY) long update, I have to prepare a lot for my first day in college, the CATC (Civil Aviation Training Centre)

0730 Hours.

Republic of Emmeria Navy.

CVN-30 Nimitz class carrier.

After the incident.

The whole 501st along with Hanna, The Hound and Yellow-13 are station on the carrier for a couple of days now. The witches are still spectating around the carrier, they've never see the carrier this huge before, the largest one they have seen is Akagi and Midway. But Nimitz is different.

They could see the size from the appearance from outside, but inside? That's a whole another story.

Right now, they're gathering in the cafeteria inside the carrier.

Genji : You all still not familiar with it?

Genji asked with a slightly smile on his face.

Barkhorn : Well... Yes... I never thought it'd be this wide and big inside.

Shirley : I could say the same. The size of this carrier is tremendous...

Kyle : The Osean have a bigger one, the General R. Ford. It's also powered by the nuclear generator.

Lucchini : Even bigger!?

They continue to talk for a while, until Minna speak up.

Minna : Alright 501st, we have something to discuss.

Erica : And that is?

The girls have their look with the anticipation for what Minna about to say and it's almost every pilot's nightmares...

Minna : We've to attend the carrier landing training.

...

Perrine : Carrier landing? That's all?

In the other hand, some of the pilots are sweating and whistling in nervous.

Yoshika : Kira, what's wrong?

Kira : Uhh... How should I put this...

Gendo : Carrier landing was the most part that pilots messed up. Why? Because 30-40% are failed to attempt the landing.

Shirley : Oh man...

Emma : It's totally different from a normal landing. You have only 200+ meters of runway, and it's the carrier, it's not gonna stop or wait for you to land easily.

501st : Gulped...

Sakamoto : That's quite true though... I thought it was easy because we've taken off from the carrier once during the time we've taken back Britannia...

Minna : But we didn't think about landing...

...

Genji : To be honest... I've messed up before... Hehe...