06;

chapter six,     your name

chapter six, your name

𝓐leksander & 𝕷iya

SEEING THE KING'S FACE looking at Liya Safin with that desperately hungry was making him sick in the stomach, but at the same time, he couldn't wait to tell that old moron that this wasn't what he think it was. The King insisted on meeting up with Liya and him during lunch and now they were all surrounded by an awkward silence and a very judging look from the Queen.

"We are most delighted to hear that you were found alive. We need soldiers," the King said, putting his attention on Liya, who, if the Darkling could add, looked marvellous in the sunlight.

"What is she going to do there, my darling?" The Queen sighed dramatically, wearing her smile as if it was stuck to her frozen face. "She is blind. She's not for the battlefield."

Liya didn't even shift beside him, but he knew that she was insulted by the words of the Queen who wanted nothing more than to lay in a bed with a man who wasn't with the King's title.

"If I may get straight to the business," the Darkling started, slightly shifting forwards, "I wanted to announce that I'm courting Miss Safin officially."

"Oh," the Queen was the first one to react, her frozen corners slightly moving down into a frown.

Liya tried not to react to the Queen's surprise. She could clearly hear her heartbeat – it was fast and worried. Oh, Liya had no idea that the Queen desired the Darkling so much.

"You fascinate me, General," the King placed the napkin on the table, slightly shaking his head. "I've introduced you to many high-rank women and you have denied them all. How did Miss Safin catch your eye?"

There was bitterness in the moron's voice that the Darkling enjoyed a little bit too much. The younger man chuckled, looking to Liya who was slightly gazing down, "I did not find the highborn ladies as sophisticated as I find her. She's a challenge that I wish to unravel."

"This is with consent, is it not?" the King's gaze turned to the red-haired beauty.

Liya forced herself to smile, slightly nodding, "Of course, moi tsar. Even if I was surprised to hear such an offering from him, I would be a fool not to accept it."

"I must say," the King hummed, "that you could've made a wonderful court lady if you didn't wish to be a soldier."

Liya gulped, the King's desire was straightforward and anywhere near shameful. If Aleksander hadn't been beside her, she would be on the edge of breaking down, because the King's heartbeat almost placed images in her head and they—weren't pretty.