Eve

Eve looked through the glass window. The glass was smearing because of the rain. A large gray cloud was floating above. Rain was falling from the cloud. They hit her window and slipped down the glass. Her nails drummed on the glass as she watched the small storm. Her brown eyes glowed as she watched. Then a interesting smell entered the air. It was a clogging smell. It was smoke. She remembered the smell from from a camp fire her dad made a while back.

"There couldn't be a fire." She thought.

"Could there?" She heard a small noise.

Ding-Ling-Ding. It was her phone. It was lying in her other hand. She looked down at her phone. The screen was glowing.

CALL FROM:

RON

Eve pressed her thumb on the bright green button and the round purple button that turned Ron's voice louder.

"Hello?" Said Eve.

"Hey, Eve get over here. I'm at Bella's." Said Ron in a worried voice.

"Whats the matter?" Said Eve raising her eye brows.

"Notimetoexplain." Said Ron quickly.

"What did you say? You were talking way to fast." Said Eve looked down at her phone.

"Never Mind. Just come." Said Ron.

"I'll be right over." Said Eve looking out the window.

Eve pressed her thumb on the bright round red button. She looked up from her phone.

"What is up with Ron?" She thought to herself.

She stood up from her perch by the window.

"Might as well go calm him down." Said Eve out loud.

She turned to the right. The window was about 2 feet away from the wooden door painted white. Next to the door was a large closet. It had glass doors that opened and closed it and a large wooden shelf that went over the top of the closet about 4 feet up. It was a feet long and 5 feet wide. The shelf was 5 feet as well. Her little sisters pom poms sat at the top shelf next to a bright yellow rain coat. The rain coat was falling of the top shelf. A base ball cape that was blue was at the very end. It was her fathers. A top hat was to the right of the pom poms. A few blue and pink winter gloves were lying around the top shelf. The last thing was Moms dark purple scarf that was hanging of the shelf. The bottom part had a large wooden pole under the shelf. White and sliver hangers hung on the wooden pole. A few winter coats hung on the hangers. Under the coats there were 3 large back packs and a cheer leading bag. One of the back packs were bright neon green with a Mine Craft guy on it. The other one was her sisters bag and it was bright baby pink with neon yellow poke-a-dots all over it. The last one was a extra back pack from when she was little. Two umbrellas sat on the floor of the closet. One was bright pink with a white "Hello Kitty" on the front and there was a plastic pink handle. The other one was just black and a wooden handle. She walked toward the closet. She was walking on the fuzzy white carpet. She passed the door and bent down. She got into a crouch and felt around for the black umbrella. She felt a few gloves and one sneaker. Then she felt the polished wood of the handle and she gripped the handle. She pulled it out of the closet. She looked at the umbrella. It was black and there were sliver tips. Finally she pulled it down to her side and faced the door. With her free hand she grabbed the gold door handle and twisted it. The door swung open. She stepped out from her house and on to the porch slab. It was stone and a few small pebbles were scattered around. The wind was blowing as tons of water dropped down hard from the large storm cloud. She looked at the pole of the umbrella that was attached to the wooden handle and the part that covered your head. On the pole was a small block. She placed her free hand on the box and pushed it up. The top part popped out sending a few rain drops flying. She ducked under it and started to walk off the end of the slab. The rain was blocked off by the umbrella. She smelt the smoke again. This time more fresh. Like a nice juicy pig on the fire. She coughed from the smell. It was clogging up her lungs and nose. She heard a small Crackle from a "Fire." Then she saw something. A small sparkle. At first she thought it was a rain drop. But it was bright orange and a yellow out line. It was a small flake of fire. It was glowing and stood out against the other gray rain drops. It was a flake of flame. It floated in front of her eyes then fell toward the floor. She raised her eye brows. The smell got a lot stronger and two more flakes of flame fell in front of her eyes. She coughed louder this time. She lifted her free hand and pushed it out from under the umbrella. She moved her arm around to feel the rain.

"OW!" She yelled out loud.

A kind of sting hit a small spot on her arm. She pulled her arm in from the rain.

She rapped her knuckles on the wooden door of Bella's.

"Who is it?" Said Ron's voice.

"Eve." She said grinning. Whatever hurt her earlier, The pain stopped. The smell of smoke still clogged her nose and lungs, but she thought her mind was playing tricks on her. She coughed just as Ron's head poked out from the house.

Ron's eye brows raised.

"What?" Said Eve looked up at the cover of the Umbrella. A orange light danced over it. Fire. It was a bright orange with a yellow out line around the flame. It looked just like spark she had seen but much bigger. She didn't stop to look at it. She lifted her arms up with the umbrella still in her hands and threw it down at the dirt making it spark once then dye down. She picked up her right foot then stomped it down on top of the umbrella. That just made it worse. The flame started to get bigger and bigger. It ran down the pole of the umbrella and then hit the wooden handle. She lifted her foot up and stepped backward from the fire. The large golden flame got as big as a camp fire and the smell was horrible. It clogged up her lungs which made her cough harder. Then it stopped. She stepped back once more. The flame was still there but the smell stopped. She filled her lungs with tons of air. She looked at the fire. The rain didn't seem to put the fire out. Every time the rain got close to it, The drops turned into small sparks. "Ow!" Eve yelled. The sting was back. It started to throb until another sting hit her leg. She started to doge the rain guessing it was the reason. The rain was every where. "Ow." "Ow." "Ow." She said quietly as she headed toward the door. Ron had left. She finally hit the door and ran inside.