you're it for me baby

CHRIS

a million dreams- the greatest showman soundtrack

summary- the story of you and chris

chris's pov
10 years old

i'm in recess with my best friend y/n right now. we're playing pretend. that's our favorite game. we make up our own stories and worlds just for the two of us.

we're in a big mansion that's all old and abandoned. we find all of these trinkets and which we use rocks and sticks in real life. as long i'm with y/n, i don't care if it's in our pretend worlds or in the real world.

i see a cute pink flower along the fence that separates us from the parking lot. that's perfect for her. i quickly run up and go pick the flower.

"chris!! what are you doing? we're playing!!" y/n whines.

"look what i found!!!" i yell and i run up to her with the flower in my hand.

"it's so pretty!! who are you gonna give it to?" y/n asks while admiring the flowers' pedals.

"you! here you go my pretty lady." i say and i bow as i give her the flower.

"thank you kind sir." she says as she bows back at me.

she's so pretty when she smiles. i hope she likes the flower!! we continue to play around until the teachers tell us that it's time to go back inside.

"goodbye y/n/n!! i'll see you tomorrow." i say smiling at her.

"bye chrissy!! see you tomorrow." y/n says and she gives me a kiss on the cheek and quickly runs off to catch up with her class.

————————————————————

chris's pov
15 years old

i adjust my tie, looking in the mirror and flattening out my suit jacket. my mom comes up and fixes what i didn't. tonight is the homecoming dance. i'm taking y/n obviously.

we've been friends since we were little kids. well she looks at me as a friend. i've liked her ever since she kissed me on the cheek when we were ten years old.

"are you ready baby?" my mom asks me pinching my cheeks.

"yes mom. now stop that." i say and i pull her hands away from my face.

we get in the car and drive the two minute drive to y/n's house. i nervously bounce my leg and thoughts about y/n flood my head. i bet she looks so beautiful. she always does.

we arrive at her house and my mom ushers me to go knock on the door. as soon as i my hand left the door, the door opens and there's y/n. at least i think it's her. she looks so beautiful. just like i imagined.

"hello pretty lady." i say and i go up and hug her

"hello kind sir. my moms is just finishing up getting ready and then she'll be out to take pictures." she says and a slight blush creeps on her cheeks.

"ugh i hate photos." i say and laugh

"me too but you know our moms." she says giggling a little bit.