a million little times

MATT

illicit affairs- taylor swift

summary- you and matt are going behind everyone's back for no strings attached meetings but what happens when you start to catch feelings?

y/n's pov

make sure nobody sees you leave
hood over your head, keep your eyes down
tell your friends you're out for a run
you'll be flushed when you return
take the road less traveled by
tell yourself you can always stop
what started in beautiful rooms
ends with meetings in parking lots

me and matt have been having these secret 'hangouts' for about a few months now. we have two rules. don't get attached and make sure no one finds out. but there has been some feelings going around on my end. i can't help but get butterflies every time he kisses me or when he rakes his eyes over my body. i don't bring it up because i know it'll ruin everything.

we had to start getting creative with the excuses we would tell chris, nick, and my roommate kat. matt either tells his brothers he went on a run or the gym. i tell kat that i've been at practice or i decide to take a spin class.

we started meeting each other at my apartment or at restaurants. but once he started getting noticed more, we had to become more sneaky with it. so i'm driving to our new meeting spot, a random ass parking lot. that was all matt's idea.

once i get there, i see matt's van and i smile to myself. i check myself in the mirror of the car and i quickly get out the car, grabbing whatever i'm gonna need for tonight.

and that's the thing about illicit affairs
and clandestine meetings and longing stares
it's born from just one single glance
but it dies, and it dies, and it dies
a million little times

recently, after me and matt are done with whatever we are doing, i feel like the spark that was once there is slowly going out. i've tried to shake it off, but i feel like he's pushing me away. when all of this began, there was so much feeling there. i didn't know that what single look would start something this big.

don't get me wrong, there is still a bunch of tension but there isn't any feeling or light with it. i feel like it's more lust and trying to relieve stress and anger. it sucks and it eats at me but it's better than nothing in my mind.

leave the perfume on the shelf
that you picked out just for him
so you leave no trace behind
like you don't even exist
take the words for what they are
a dwindling, mercurial high
a drug that only worked
the first few hundred times

i wipe the corners of my mouth, getting rid of the extra lip gloss. i check my makeup out for a few more minutes, adding touch ups and what not. once i feel i look okay, i spray setting spray and fan my face so it could dry faster.

i go to put on the perfume that matt said he liked, but i quickly stopped myself. i can't leave a trace of myself. i hate that i can't do certain things, but matt's more important to me.

i quickly leave my apartment saying goodbye to kat, and i head out to my car. as i'm driving to the designated parking lot, i get a text from matt.

matt❤️‍🔥

him: hey y/n/n. can't wait to see you tonight. drive safe😉