be wherever you are

MATT

you're gonna go far- noah kahan

summary- matt is moving to california

platonic (kinda a mix of all of them just y/n and matt are closer)

y/n's pov

i wake up, feeling the sun hit my face through me blinds. i pat the spot next to my bed to see if one of triplets decided to sleep in my room. they have a tendency of doing that. i feel around for a few more minutes, my mind still asleep, and i don't feel anything.

i sit up and stretch my arms over my head. i look at the clock and it reads 9:25 a.m. i get up and i go to brush my teeth in the bathroom, but it's locked. i knock and i hear someone mumble something that i couldn't make out. the door swings open, and matt is standing there, a toothbrush in his mouth.

"well good morning sunshine. why are you in my bathroom?" i asked him as i step in to brush my own teeth.

matt spits out the toothpaste and speaks, "i slept in your room last night. i just made the side i slept on." he says and looks at me through the mirror.

"gotcha." i try to speak, but the foamy toothpaste muffles my words.

matt is still standing there watching me. i finish up brushing my teeth and i decided to brush my hair also.

"you all ready for today? you've got a long day ahead of you." i question and turn towards the brunette.

"yup. i don't know about nick and chris. they've been moping around for the past few days." he responds, picking at his nails.

today, my best friends are moving to LA. their manager, laura, and then thought it would be easiest and best for their jobs because everything they do come from LA anyways. it makes me sad that i won't be able to see them everyday anymore, but i couldn't be more proud and excited for them.

"you've been moping too you goof. don't throw them under the bus." i laugh out and i walk to the kitchen, matt trailing behind me.

"i'm just gonna miss my best friend." matt says, leaning his head in his hand that was resting on the counter.

"i know and i'm gonna miss you too. but we can always facetime and i'll come to visit when i get days off of work." i give him a reassuring smile.

"Y/NNNNN!!" chris yells coming into the kitchen.

"CHRISSSS!!" i yell back, mimicking him.

"hey don't be rude. todays the last day you'll be able to see this beautiful face until thanksgiving." he claps back and gives me a side hug, grabbing a pepsi from my fridge.

"okay i'm sorry. what's up kid?" i laugh at his ridiculousness.

"nick can't figure out what he should bring. would you be able to go and help him?" he asks, taking a sip of the sugary drink.

"yea sure. i'm gonna make us one last breakfast after." i say walking away.

"your pancakes?" matt asks, perking up at the thought of my cooking.