amnesia (2)

CHRIS

invisible string- taylor swift

summary- y/n's story in new york after she left chris

y/n's pov

i left LA a year ago to move to New York to become an actress. my manager pulled some strings with this company and got me a gig and i took it immediately. that meant i had to leave everything behind. including my ex-boyfriend chris.

don't get me wrong, i love being in New York and i met this really nice guy, dylan, but my heart still aches whenever i think of chris and his brothers.

i'm currently in the kitchen cooking myself and dylan breakfast. the apartment is flooded with the smell of sizzling bacon and coffee. i feel arms wrap around me and a kiss on my shoulder.

"good morning dylan." i smile.

"good morning y/n." he replies.

i finish up cooking and make out plates. we sit across each other at the table in silence. dylan has been acting a bit off for the past few weeks. i thought it was work but it seems bigger than that.

i finish eating and i get up and ready for work. i put my makeup on and curl my hair. i'm currently working on this low budget romance movie. it's great. as i'm leaving, i see the mail man coming up to the door.

"here you go ma'am. have a good day." he says handing me our mail.

"thank you. have a good one." i say smiling.

i go through the mail that's filled with bills and ads. but there's an envelope that looks unfamiliar. it is addressed to me and it's from LA.

i curiously open is and there's a letter. but not just any letter. it's from chris. what the hell? my thoughts are interrupted when dylan opens the door.

"why do you have that?" he asks, ripping it out of my hand.

"hey! that was mine!" i say trying to grab it back.

"i don't care. you can't have it." dylan tells me, throwing it out.

"why the hell would you do that?!" i yell.

"we're together! this kid keeps on writing letters to you. it's getting annoying at this point." dylan yells back.

"what do you mean he's BEEN writing me letters?" i say, walking closer to him.

"i've been throwing them away. i'm your boyfriend. not this chris guy." dylan tells me.

"dylan. you've known about these and didn't tell me?" i ask, tears brimming my eyes.

"god y/n! why does it matter?!" he yells.

"BECAUSE!! i haven't heard from him in a year and you throw away whatever letters he's been writing me!" i yell back.

"well then if you're so concerned about him and then go and be with him!" dylan yells, getting in my face.

"what?" i whisper.