i think i see you

MATT

a sky full of stars- coldplay

summary- y/n has been away on her tour and she misses matt but her audience does a fan project for her

y/n's pov

two minutes. i have two minutes until i go out and perform my 15th show. this tour has been the best thing that has ever happened to me and my career. i've been writing songs since i was 17. i thought that it was just gonna be a fun hobby.

now thousands of people come to my shows to watch me play their favorite songs. there is a down side of being on tour though. i've been away for three months going all around the country. my management wouldn't let my boyfriend, matt, or any other person come with me besides laura and madi.

words can't describe how much i miss them. sure we facetime and text all day before my shows, but it isn't the same. i miss being around them. i have about 5 more shows left of my tour, so i'm trying to hold onto that.

i'm getting my earpiece hooked up and laura's fixing up my hair a bit. i take one last look in the mirror, hug madi, and i'm off. the intro to ky first song starts to play. i take a deep breathe, and i go out.

1 hour later

i just finished performing one of my songs and my manager is talking to me through my earpiece to say one more thank you before i play my two final songs.

"i just wanted to say thank you again for all of you guys coming out here tonight. none of this would be possible without you guys. i have two more songs to play for you guys." i say, the crowd starts yelling and clapping.

i smile and i start to sing my next song. i close my eyes as i belt out the lyrics. once i open my eyes, i see the whole audience filled with colorful lights. what? i didn't give them any bracelets. i'm not taylor swift. what's happening? i think to myself, but i continue to sing.

the lights are making all of these different patterns and photos. i stop singing and i take my earpiece out. holy shit. i never knew how many people are actually in these crowds. i look around and i smile. the music is still playing in the background. it's a scene straight out of a movie.

all of sudden, everyone's bracelets dim and they're blue. they start to scream and yell. i think i hear them chanting something, but it isn't clear. i put my earpiece back into my ear, and i hear someone's voice. a very familiar voice.

"turn around baby." the voice says.

i turn around and there's a spotlight on the one and only. matt! how the hell did he get here? i thought my management didn't want him here to distract me or whatever.

"OH MY GOD!!" i screech and i run up to him.

i wrap my arms around his neck and i get a bit teary eyed. he's quick to respond and wraps his arms around my waist. we pull and and we're both crying. he looks at my eyes, and then my lips, and then back up to my eyes.

i just smile brightly, and i kiss him. i kiss him in front of thousands of people. i hear the crowd roaring and they're all jumping around. we pull away from each other, chris, nick, and madi coming out on stage. i run up to nick and chris and give them hugs and kisses on the cheek. i then look at madi who was giving me a smile and i hug her.

"how did this happen? i thought management didn't want them here?" i laugh and pull away.

"well your amazing fans decided to do one of those 'fan projects' and did all of this. they made a petition or something and they flew all of them out." she tells me, laughing herself.

"holy shit." i say in disbelief, looking at the crowd once more.

my manager comes into my earpiece and tells me that i need to start performing again. i look at all four of them and i grab my microphone and i finish up the concert, then dancing like goofs behind me and cheering me on.

after i finished up my show, i said my thank you's and i walked off of the stage. i feel someone's hand grab my wrist and spin me around.

"hey beautiful. i missed you." matt says and pulls me in for another hug.

"i missed you too my love." i say and i squeeze him tighter.

"your fans are amazing for this. it's actually insane." he laughs, pulling away.

"yup. but i love them. are you coming along with us for the rest of my tour? i have like five more shows left." i ask and i pull away.

"of course i am. i'm not leaving your side anytime soon." matt says and kisses me.

——————————————————————
a/n

this is really short but i hope y'all liked it. it's just a random ass idea i had

requests are open!