6: Should I trust him?

For the last two months, I've been going to this school. I ended up liking to go to this school, I sighed. I've been avoiding all the godlings for the last two months. Zayn helped me around school when I needed to know. I knew the godlings can't be trusted, even everyone else does. They pretend to be like them and see them as heroes. The gods made my family and the others who helped my grandmother to win against the war with the corrupted gods, villains.

But we are not the villains, they called our side, vile. But the corrupted gods are the vile ones, everyone knew that. They are saying that, so the newcomers will see us as villains. Yet, I am the one who stopped it all. Everyone knew the prophecy, even the gods. Once they get their hands on me, it's game over. That's why my parents are smart enough to hide me, but I really wished, I wasn't the one who save everyone.

There is more to the prophecy and I just know it. My grandmother must have left something behind me or some of the missing parts of the prophecy out or someone took the parts out.

" ZION CASCADE!!!" I heard Zayn's voice shouted into my ear and I gave her a glare. " What the fuck was that for?" I demanded to her and she looked fuming. I knew that, " You are not paying attention to me again, you are thinking about the ' thing ' again."

I nodded in respond, she sighed. " I have a feeling too, but for now. You are more endanger than ever, it's my job to make sure you are okay. As long, we keep you hidden for a few more years. We will stop them with you stopping them within their tracks. I have to go, I hope you enjoy your lunch. Tessa wants to talk to me about something, " then I saw her blushing. Does she like Tessa? I mean when I am with Tessa, she always talked about Zayn and how amazing she is in magic controlling class.

That's my next class and Ryker is in that same class as me. I sighed and I finished my sandwich, I threw the wrapper in the trash. I got my stuff for that class.

I was watching as the other students practicing their powers. I was practicing my digital magic with the target practice. The other students were doing more better than me, I was homeschooled most of my life. I always self-taught myself how to used my powers. But my powers are unstable, I knew it because my powers were getting out of hand. 

I didn't want to draw attention, so I turned off my powers. I sat down on the bench and I was tired. But I can't give up, I got up again. I saw Ryker was looking at me, I looked away. I need to focus with this, I started it again. I need to focus, I had no one except Caspian to teach me. Caspian used to teach me how to my powers when I was younger. I hate myself for getting Caspian killed. I always wore long sleeves and I rolled my sleeves. I saw the scars on my arms, I stared at them, most of them were new, but there were old ones. 

I rolled down my sleeves before someone saw them on my arms. I need to get this right, I tried my digital magic again and I managed to picked up an dagger from the ground. All I need to do is throw it at the target. I closed my eyes and trying to remember my older brother's teaches. Then I threw it and target. I opened my eyes, but I hit the wall instead. Why am I keep messing up?

I started to heard the voices again. But I shook them off, then they stopped. " I know I am failure," I mumbled to myself, I will never be strong as Caspian or my parents or my grandmother. I am weak like my ' friend ' said three years ago. I pulled the dagger out of the wall with my tech powers. 

I held the dagger in my hands and I stared at it. It almost look like Caspian's dagger, that same dagger is gone. The only thing he left for me is this ring I wore around my finger. 

I tried to do the same trick again.

Then again.

Then again.

Then again...

But I was failing.

" I saw you were trying to control your tech powers, " I jumped at the sound of the voice. I turned around, I saw it was Ryker. 

" What do you want, Ryker Abaddon? Should you practicing your powers? Or hurt more people like your parents does? You corrupted gods are always saw us hybrids and supernatural as low ranks. "

" Look Zion, please. I am not like my parents, or like my dad. But please, you should trust me. "

" I don't trust gods or godlings, I am never making that same fucking mistake again. I heard you take advantages of us ranks. Please don't talk to me again, I know the horrors you gods do."

I walked away from him and remembered the horrors, then school was over.

                                                                   ⤟☾✧☽⤠

" ZION, wait up."

I waited for Zayn to catch up and she was panting. One of her hands were on her knees, " I wanted to warn about the hunting night. You know that, it's coming soon. In a week or so, I want to make sure you are not going out on that night. It's the night for the godlings to hunt, you know that. Plus I saw Ryker kept looking at you, I made sure you are not going out that night. You know that's when the godlings' true colors come out."

" I know, they pretend to be who they are to the newcomers. But for us people who lived here for years, we know the horrors of Everbloom, " I said as we walked, today, neither of my parents can't pick me up because of work. So me and Zayn are going together with a few friends of her. I saw Tessa and Zayn like each other. But they both were too scared to confess. I rolled my eyes, playfully at that thought.

" So what do you guys want to talk about?"