8: Letter

" Zion, can you get the mail for me?" Mom told to me and I had the keys to the mailbox. I left the house and I went to the mailbox. I left the alleyway, I walked around the neighborhood and I saw the mailbox. I made it to the mailbox and I inserted the key into the keyhole. I turned it and I opened it, I saw there was a lot of letters and mail for mom and dad. I grabbed them, closed it and I turned the key back. Took out the key, then went back home.

" This is all I got from the mailbox, " I said as I was about to leave to go to my room and mom was looking through the mail. Then she tossed me a letter at me, " I don't know who this is from, but it's for you, son."

I caught it and I went to my bunker room, Roy followed me to my room. When we were in my room, I seat on my chair. I opened the letter and it was a letter to me. I don't get letter often, it always so rare to get these kind of letters mailed to me. I started to read the message in the letter.

Dear Zion,

I wanted to write to you for so long, after what happened to your brother. It was my fault for the death of your brother. I wanted to apologize for so long, but I can't muster up the courage to do so. I wanted to reach out to you, and I finally did. Look, I am very sorry what I have done. I had no choice, I tried to fight my other side of me. But that side took over and I never wanted to hurt you. But, plus I had no choice at the time, I really want to say I am very about Caspian. The death of Caspian is my fault, not yours. 

I remembered the good things we've had. I really enjoyed them, I wished those days were back. If only I didn't betrayed you that day, maybe just maybe your brother might be alive. Those times, before Caspian's death, we were best friends. We always play by the lake, Caspian watching over us. Your life was perfect, but I took that life away from you. You changed, I saw the change in you when I saw you at that high school. When I realized you lost all memory of me, I decided to write this letter to you, anonymous. I will not reveal my name for the safety of you and your family. I know who you are, Zion. But I know you are not the one from the prophecy for sure. 

I hope you write to me back, I want to hear what you have to say to me.

From your old friend of yours.

I put the letter down, all this time. My godling friend finally decided to mail a letter to me after fucking three years. Fucking three years. This motherfucker had the nerve to try to sent me a letter after fucking three years. But yet, he couldn't control it. I can't blame him anymore, I used to blame him for the death of my brother when I was 14. But I stopped when I was 15, I started to blame myself for Caspian's death. 

I guess I will write to him, but I can't remember his name. But why? I will ask my parents, but, they will avoid the question. Then I saw there was little note on the back of the letter. I took it off of the back of the letter and I opened. It was an address to sent the letter to. I sighed and I thought about. Should I? But my parents will be mad, me trying to get contact with an old friend of mine. 

I have to make a choice and I could make a plan. Yeah, I am going to write to him. I got some paper and I started to think what to write. This will take me hours to figure this out and I knew that part. But I need to think about what should I say. I can't remember what he looks like or his name. For some unknown reason, I can't remember. Strange, but I seen stranger than that. I just hope I do get my memories back about my friend of mine. 

But for now, I need to think of ideas what I should write him.

                                                                  ⤟☾✧☽⤠  

I have no fucking ideas, I slammed my head on my desk. I had so many rolled and crumpled papers on the floor of my room. Roy was trying his best to keep me calm, he was laying in my lap. I petted him, he purred. " I know, I can't think right now, Roy. I have no ideas, right now, " I said as I used my telekinesis to put all the crumpled papers in the trash. Then I thought of something, maybe I could write to him about how my life now than before.

I started to write and I will go to the post office after I am done with writing this letter.

Dear friend, which I can't remember your name,

I do apologized for forget your name. I was mad when I got your letter, I thought why this person will try to contact me? I used to thought you pretending to be my friend for years. But I know the truth, why did you decided to contact me? Sorry, I was curious, but curiosity killed the cat, right? I remember that saying from you. 

I remembered when we used to play by the lake. I used to lie to my parents that you were a supernatural. I had no choice, we used to laugh about the lies I told to my parents about you. Then I introduced you to my brother, we were so close before the incident. A part of me said it was still your fault. But I don't blame that part of me, after three years, huh? A lot of things changed after those years. Those days are gone now, but I still remembered those days 'till this day.

I am guessing you have already have a lover and amazing life. But you are still corrupted godling, my parents hate you for it. I don't know if I can trust you yet. I hope we can still in contact through these letters. I hope you are enjoying life now.

~ Zion

I was done writing the letter and I went to mail this. I left the house and I walked to post office, I was thinking how was my friend doing. I had the address written on the envelope and I went into the post office. " Hi, I am here to mail this letter to a friend of mine, " I said as I gave it to them and they looked at the address. 

" Okay, that will be 10 moonsilvers, " they said and I gave them the money. 

Then I left the shop and I felt someone's presence, I turned my head. But I saw no one, strange. I walked back to my home.

A/N: I have to change for now, so I will post few times a week because what's going on with me and my family. So 'till everything settles down with my family, I will go back to my old posting schedule when things settles down. But for now, I will post a few times a week. I hope you have a good today/noon/afternoon/night!

~ Silverelle Evelyn