15: Trusting him fully

A week later...

I closed my locker and I put my backpack strap over my shoulder. The bell rang, the day is finally over and I can go home. I am happy about today, it is the day where my parents will be out for the whole day and night. I can go to the lake and try to practice my powers. Ryker has after school lessons, they are about how to be ruler to Everbloom because he is next in line. Zayn has a date with Tessa again this week. This is the fourth one this week, I guess they love each other that well.

I sighed and I walked to my house, as I was walking. I saw some new people who moved into town. This isn't good, in a few weeks it will be midnight blood night. I sighed and I went to warn them. I walked to them, " Hi, are you new here?" I asked them in a calm voice, I could tell they are family of six.

" Yes, we are. I heard there are bad stuff happened here, is that true? My wife said there is nothing bad here, it that true?" The father of the family asked to me and I sighed, the wife groaned.

" It's true, " I answered and the wife dropped the box, I knew they are hybrids. The second last of the ranks. " It's true, I should warn you. Midnight blood night is in a few weeks from now, I could ask my parents to get you a job here. They are kind enough to give jobs to most of the magical beings here."

The father looked at me, " Are you Marina's son?" he asked to me and I nodded. " Oh, do you know where the 'place' is?"

I told them the code directions because my parents made this code directions for people who are working for them. If they don't know where the building is, they always come to my family of the people a part of the organization. The husband nodded, I walked back home I sighed. At least I told them about the warnings. I felt content with myself.

                                                                   ⤟☾✧☽⤠

I was at the cliffside, just finished practicing my magic and I felt presence behind me. I smiled, " I thought you won't be available until like 7, " I teased Ryker and I could feel him rolled his eyes. " Ha ha, very funny, firelight, " he sat beside me and I leaned my head on his shoulder. I felt myself blush a bit, Ryker put his arm around me. We stared at the lake and the scenery, I remembered when me and him were playing by the lake. With Cassy watching us, and he will scold us if we did something wrong. 

I placed my hand on the grass and I grown a flower from the ground, plucked it , then gave it to Ryker. He took it, and he smiled as he blushed. I really love him now after being with him again, made me whole again. I was away from the home where I stayed at and I am glad I was with Ryker. I didn't like my mother as much as I used to and I am with my  favorite person in the world. " I like it, thanks for the flower, Zion. Your powers are getting stronger. " 

I smiled at his compliment, I've practicing with Ryker's help of course. He helped me control some of my powers and I am very glad for his help. My feelings for him started to get stronger, every time we meet each other here at the lake or the cliffside. 

" So how are your wings?"

I perked up, " Oh, they are getting better because of you. The treatment is working, thanks by the way, " I blushed when I finished talking, why am I keep falling for him more? But I mean, I am not complaining. 

Snap of out it, Zion. He is next in line for the fucking throne and he is the enemy. I am the pure one who will stop it all, why can't love him because maybe he has an arranged marriage with some godling? Like they all do, I scolded myself in my mind and I sighed, I wish I could just stop these feelings. 

" So when you become the new ruler of Everbloom, you will be force into marriage some godling right?" I asked like out of the blue and Ryker frowned. " No, my parents are not like other godlings' parents. They will respect my decision who I will marry, I was thinking of this one person. If he will love me back, " he answered my question, I knew he like someone else. He could never like me. I am just some chosen one to fulfill some prophecy and he is 

But I need his help to stop the evil in this world, maybe once that's done. I don't know what to do with my life and I will find a way. I sighed and I looked at Ryker, " So, this person you like, who is he?" I started to teased to mask my sadness and he was blushing a lot. He covered his month with his hand to hide his blushing and I laughed to hard. I loved teasing him a lot when we were kids.

" So, this person is like you or opposite. You know a lot of polar opposite always attracted each other, cool huh?" I asked to him, he was really red now like tomato or strawberry. I giggled a bit, he really that embarrassed about his crush. " You might get that man, maybe that person likes you back, " I tried to encourage him, he sighed to calm himself down and he stared at me. " He doesn't, I really want to tell him. But he is kind to a lot of people, he is different than other admirers I had in the past. He doesn't force me to be with him unlike other people, I really like being around him. He is amazing person and he knows what is wrong and right. Unlike other people, he is always there when I need help."

Did he... just describe me or someone else? Definitely not me. I don't know what to do believe, I looked away from him. " He sounds like a nice guy, I hope you get with him, " I said and a shadow came over my face. Then I left the cliffside, he doesn't like me but as long as he is happy. I am happy, love him when I was a kid. But it's just an stupid crush I have for him. I hope he's happy with that person. Also I could trust him now, he is really true to his word. I walk home for the rest of the evening.