chapter one

"Hey babe!" I smiled as I waved into the camera at my boyfriend johnnie. He smiled, waving back.

"Hey!" He shifted around in his mattress, getting comfy. "How was your day?"

"It was fine I guess. I hung out with billy a bit. Went to the mall." I sighed. "How was yours? You must be tired after traveling so much lately."

"I'm having a great time!" He grinned. "All of the thugpugs are super nice! This year is even better that last year." He chuckled, and I noticed the sound of bryan, damon, and Jordan rough-housing not very far away.
"I'll let you go hang with the guys. I just wanted to talk and tell you some great news!" I didn't know if it was necessarily the correct time to tell him, but I couldn't hold it in much longer.

"What is it kyle?" He questioned me.

"I'm moving to LA once you and Bryan get back from warped!" His grin seemed to grow even more. I loves seeing him smile like that.

"Really?! I thought your mom said you couldnt until you graduate!" He moved around until he was laying stomache-down in front of the laptop.

"I convinced her to let me." I chuckled, fiddling with the bracelets on my arms, nervous now.

"How?"

"I-i um... I... ItoldheraboutwhathappenedthatnightlasttimeiwasinLA." I rushed out, covering my face with my bands afterwords.

"You told her? Why?" He prodded.

"I knew it was the only way she would let me go. That I need to be around you for it to get better." I uncovered my face, and stared down at my lap shamefully.

"I thought you were better kyle! You told me you got help! That's why you had to leave LA early!" Anger seemed to sweep over him now.

"I did johnnie! I got help! But its getting bad again! And it isn't helping me to be happy either. You know how helpless it makes me feel!" I struggled to hold back tears, turning my face away from the screen.

"I know baby boy. I know. I wish there was something I could do to help you through this. I don't know how to help you." He frowned, his eyes softening.

"I just need to go to LA. It's the only place I'm happy. My mom is going to set something up for me with bryan. I'll get the help that I need baby."

He smiled at me lightly. "Okay love." There was a loud commotion in the background. "I have to go, okay? The thug pugs are waiting for me. A few have already brought you some letters and gifts."

" okay." I smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too." He stated, before sending the call.