Patrol

A few hours later after Marinette talked to Alya and came to terms of what happened earlier that day. Marinette needed to go on patrol not only for the city of Paris but to help get her mind off things. Marinette transformed into Ladybug and started her half of the patrol. She went from alley to alley and street to street and eventually made her way to the Eiffel tower. Ladybug was looking down at the city and was watching the night traffic as many people tried to get home. It was around 11:00 at night and Marinette could stay a little longer tonight because her parents went to bed early.

"Bonsoir m'lady" Chat said excitedly. Chat Noir joined her and sat down next to her. 

"Someone seems happy today" Chat just looked at her because of her sad tone. Chat's mood was barong down a bit due to her sadness.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Talk about what?"

"Something obviously happened today you seem sad so, do you want to talk about it?" 

"Sure it's not to... personal. Earlier today my crush confessed to me and I confessed to him but I messed up. "

A few tears ran down Ladybugs cheek. Chat seen the tears and wrapped his arm around her shoulders to comfort her. 

"I shouldn't have said anything at all about how I feel for him........ because I can't love anyone it's to dangerous and that was proven with Chat blunc"

"But Chat Blunc wouldnt happen because your not going to be dating me." Chat tried to comfort Ladybug by trying to get rid of her doubts.

"Chat you don't understand....... he is one of my best friends and I would have to tell him who I am under the mask and that could ruin everything....It's such a big secret to hind from someone you love that's why I went through that break up not to long ago you remember."

Chat remembered how sad she was when she broke up with who ever she was dating and knew that what ever happened in their civilian forms they would be there for each other not matter what.

"You know I confessed to one of my best friends today and....and she said she liked me too but I'm in the same boat as you I have my ring and I would have to tell her who I am someday....and it might ruin everything but that's life... trail and error right? At least we would have each other to rely on right?"

These word struck Ladybug hard. They were in a similar situation or in the same boat some may say. Ladybug just nodded with a little smile in response to Chat.

"How about we go on a walk around the city?" Chat Noir offered his hand out and Ladybug took it with a smile.

"Sure why not. My parents went to bed early today so I can stay a little later." Chat's smile grew and he grabbed his staff and extended it and was about to slide down it. " Come on you can trust me" Chat joked before he went down his staff. Ladybug soon followed and went down his staff and was standing on the side walk in front of the Eiffel tower. 

Ladybug and Chat Noir walked around the city for about a hour and Chat Noir was joking around and being a goof ball in a attempt to cheer Ladybug up more and it worked. By the time they were at the park near Ladybugs house she had a huge smile on her face. They sat down at one of the benches in the park close to the fountain. Marinette saw a shadow in the corner of her eye and turned around to see who it was.