Could I?

"Yeah that is weird. Well I should get going before my parents make dinner"

"Wait.. don't go. How about we continue our walk that we took a few days ago because it got cut short because Kagami showed up."

"I don't know Chat......I had a rough day today and I really should get going."

"Maybe next time then."

Ladybug swung her yoyo and she went off into the night leaving chat on the eiffel tower. Chat didn't feel like going back home as it was only 4:00 and dinner wasnt until 7:30. He was singing his feet of the edge of the tower when a idea popped into his head. 'I should go see Marinette. Maybe she doesn't like me as Adrien but as Chat maybe I would have a chance' and with that he extended his staff and flew in Marinette's direction. He just wanted to see her smile, he wanted to see her happy. Even if that meant without him. 

It doesn't get darks until around 7:00 (Daylight savings be beating my but fr) so he still had time before it was dark. He knew Nathalie would have questions on why he didn't come home until later but he could just make up some random reason on why he wasn't home if he needed to. He missed her eyes, which was weird for him to say but something about those blue bell eyes almost as blue as the sea is something he could get lost in forever. Maybe she would be more open to him as chat on why she couldn't date, he thought. Her being ladybug wasn't the only reason why she couldn't date him. She might of have a little feelings for her feline partner. 

Chat Noir was debating on knocking on her window or just leaving. He didn't want to bother her, her just wanted to see her. He looked through her window(In a non creepy way btw) and found her on her phone laying on the little sofa like chair she had in her room.  Her room was VERY pink, but he didn't mind it. He actually found it cute. She had little fairy lights hung up under her bed and hanging over her desk and fake plants and vines on her shelves.  Her room was dimly light, the only lights on being the fairy lights which were a baby pink color. Her room was cozy unlike his room which was too big and boring for him because he spent almost all his life in there but that wasnt the point.

He finally just did it. He knocked on her window not expecting a answer but she noticed him and let him in. There was a plate of cookies on her desk and Chat kept eyeing them.
"You want one don't you"

He nodded.

"Did you only come here for food?"

"No but it's a plus"

He simply stated.Marinette chuckled at his comment but continued what she was doing on her phone. There was a smile on her face but Adrien could tell it was fake. Something about it was off for a say. It didn't reach her eyes like her smile usually does and there was sadness and pain in her eyes. Her eyes were a tad bit puffy and a little red. Had she been crying? Adrien asked himself as he ate the cookie looking at her. 

"What?"

"Is everything ok?"

"I don't know what you mean."

"I can see it in your eyes, something is wrong."

Marinette's POV

How does he know? I'm I really that obvious? I could have broken down in front of him but I kept a fake smile on my face they we both know isn't true. His eyes scanning my face and stopping on my lips. To be honest I wanted to be alone but I don't have the heart to tell him to leave. I know how he gets sometimes with me being Ladybug in all and I just don't want to hurt him. Maybe something would come out of this like a hug or even.....a kiss. Marinette no don't think about that he is just a friend. 

I kept scrolling on my phone and I realized he was walking towards me. His gaze met mine for a brief second before I looked away before it got........ weird. He sat on the corner of the chair and looked at the floor.

"I know something is up Marinette. You have sadness and pain in your eyes, and that is something no girl like you should have. You have a fake smile on your face and I should know I have done a fair share of them."

I just stared at him. 

"You know I caused myself the pain. I just........couldn't say yes"

"Why though"

"Because...........even if I liked him......a lot...there is some else in my heart two and I have to much on my plate and it just all piled up and I just couldn't do that to him."