Chapter 9

"Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it." ( NICHOLAS SPARKS )

                   Hailey Hughes POV

Hailey Hughes POV

It's been a few weeks since Matty came back into my life. We have spent most of that time together. Whenever we're not together Matt has been busy with training camp and I've been busy with the bakery .

We've had many sleepovers these past few weeks. Despite us both having guest rooms in our house / apartments , we've been sleeping in the same bed and cuddling like the old days .

Matt has even met Poppy and Rue. They both liked him and keep saying he's in love with me which I keep denying cause there is no way matty is in love with me it's a preposterous idea.

Matty liked both Poppy and Rue, he thought they were both funny . I introduced the trio during our annual Sunday brunch we call The Debrief , where we catch up on what we missed in each-others lives during the week and what ever the new gossip is .

I think Matty secretly liked our gossip session because he tried to infiltrate The Debrief the following week , but that's against the rules so he was a little grumpy when I met up with him at his house afterwards and then made me tell him updates on the gossip he learned the week prior .

As far as the feelings I had for Matty that I thought would go away after a few weeks of him being back in my life , well I was wrong . My feelings didn't go away instead they only grew stronger and I'm pretty much sure I'm in love with Matthew . Jeez I can't believe I just said that.

I'm currently in the process of burying my feelings for him deep deep down like six feet down like I'm the undertaker . I have loved having Matty back in my life and I'm not going to screw that up by professing my undying love to my childhood bestfriend it's not like this is some fictional book where we ride off into the sunset .

There's also no way he feels the same at all . Matty has been treating me just like he did when we were younger . Absolutely no change in how he interacts with me . I'm just his friend. I'm just little Mouse .

Anyways I'm currently getting ready for Mattys first pre season game for the panthers of the year . It's also my first panthers game ever , I'm so excited. I haven't seen matty play in person since probably his NHL debut back when he played with Calgary .

Poppy Rue and I are getting dinner together before heading to the arena to watch the game . One of my friends from college and also my little brother Luke's , Mackie Samoskevich signed with the panthers after deciding to leave UMICH this past offseason. So it's his first game with the panthers also .

The last two years at college Luke and I spent a lot of time together. Which meant I spent a lot of time with his friends / teammates / roommates . In my first two years at UMICH I got very close to the hockey team so when Luke and his friends eventually joined the team our friend groups just merged.