Chapter 30

Hailey Hughes POV 

    "A true love story never ends." — Author Unknown

    It's Christmas morning here in St

    It's Christmas morning here in St. Louis , we arrived two nights ago after the panthers  afternoon game . Brady , Emma and Taryn had all arrived earlier that day . Keith and Chantal have been so happy to have all three of their kids home for Christmas for the first time in years .

     On Christmas Eve all of us went to the local ice rink the boys grew up on and spent a few hours skating . I have always loved skating, It feels freeing to glide down the ice without a care of the world off the ice . Most of high school when it felt like the world was caving in on me I would grab my skates and sneak in to an ice rink my family frequented and skate until I felt I could breath again .

     The owner knew I was sneaking in and always looked the other way , I doubt I was the first kid he let have that privilege let alone the last . Unfortunately I haven't been skating since I opened the bakery , until recently I hadn't realized how much I've buried myself into work . When Matthew came back into my life I started to do more things for myself besides work .

            After skating we all went to the little Christmas village setup about a half hour away

       After skating we all went to the little Christmas village setup about a half hour away . Their light display was absolutely beautiful, I've always loved going and seeing the lights during Christmas time . When I was younger my mom and dad used to pile all us kids into the car and we drive through the neighborhoods that did light shows . It's one of my favorite memories from Christmas during my childhood .

        After grabbing some dinner we headed back to the Tkachuks house and settled in around the fireplace and watched home alone and elf before heading up to bed for the night . Matt tried to get frisky but I refused, there's no way in hell I'd have sex with him in his childhood home with his parents down the hall or Brady in the room next door .

      The next morning I wake up to incessant poking to my right cheek , in my half awake half asleep state I realize I'm lying on my back with Matt laying on top of me and his head in my chest . I also realize both of his hands are tucked underneath his shirt I wore to bed , so who the bleep! Is poking me ?.