Chapter Twenty

And just like that, life goes on for the both of us. I never returned to that village anymore. Days ago, Kuya Laud returned from a business trip. He tried to invite me over to his house but I declined.

Just like the old time, hindi na ulit ako umapak pa roon. Same reason as before. Because of Axel. I have decided to move on and bury the pain and love that I have felt from him. Dahil wala nang dahilan para ipagpatuloy pa ang pagmamahal na unti-unting sumibol. Even loving him from afar is impossible. He was never available from the very start.

Ever since that day, I swore to myself I will never let myself be fall in love with him. But what changed? it's still the same old me. Fool and naive. Always believing that someday, something will change in him. Believing that he will see me as potential lover. But nothing change. Madaling paglaruan at paikutin.

But the pain doesn't end there even when you decided to bury it. Dadagdagan pa ng tadhana para malugmok ka pa lalo.

"Flash news, the only daughter of the former Governor of Antipolo-- Sapphire Aguirre Ricafrente is now engaged with the most promising sought after Bachelor of the country Mr. Angelo Exel Madrigal the mysterious man in the business world who contributed to the successful of Antipolo City." the article says as I scrolled down one afternoon day at the faculty office.

Ah, so this is serious. They were officially engaged na talaga? They were really couple? Ang tanga tanga mo Maxine! Bakit hinayaan mong magpadala sa bugso ng damdamin mo? Bakit hinayaan mong paglaruan ka niya ulit? He has never and will never be available for you. Laging mayroon na bago ikaw.

The kisses we shared? Puta. He cheated with you. He kissed you knowing that he has a fiancé already! Now that the Fiancé returned, he is done playing.

"The two couple were a childhood sweethearts and was arranged both of their parents but were apart for almost 5 years when the family of Sapphire decided to moved in Madrid Spain to live there peacefully due to political tension of his father back in the days..."

Wait.. so they were childhood sweethearts? But we never thought na magkakilala pala sila ng anak ni governor? This happened back in highschool days. Ang alam ko schoolmate namin ang anak ni Governor pero hindi ko akalain na si Sapphire ang anak ng gobernador?

Go ahead. Hurt me more hanggang sa mamanhid ako. Napapikit ako at hindi na napigilan pa ang umiyak sa sobrang sakit at pagkatanga sa nararamdaman ko.

The next article were the pictures of them together in a candle date in the restaurant in Manila, the one in the cruise ship and the last one was on a coffee shop, smiling from ear to ear. A couple who looks very inlove.

Ako ang napapaso sa apoy na inumpisahan mo. Ako ang napapaso. Ayoko na. Tama na 'to. Ang sakit sakit na. Kulang ang salitang galit sa nararamdaman ko ngayon. I felt betrayed and played.

Sa kalagitnaan ng pag-iyak ko ay ang pagtunog ng cellphone ko. And just in time, his name flashed on the phone screen. What the fuck? Sa sobrang gigil ko ay binato ko ang cellphone ko at tumayo na upang umalis sa office.

I went to my car at pinaharurot ito paalis ng school ground at dumiretso sa isang bar dito sa Makati. I wanna get drunk to forget the pain for a while. I wann be drown in alcohol para mamaya pagtulog ko manhid ako at walang maramdaman.

Pagpasok ko sa maingay na bar na iyon ay agad akong dumiretso sa bartender at umorder ng isang basong beer. Pagkabigay ay agad kong nilagok iyon na parang uhaw na uhaw. Gulat na napatitig sa akin ang bartender at sumenyas pa ako ng isa pa, hanggang sa pumangalawa, pumangatlo at hindi ko na mabilang pa kung ilan na ang nabigay sa akin ng bartender.

Nang makaramdam ng hilo at init ay inalis ko ang blazer na suot. I was wearing a sleeveless bodycon dress at pinartneran ko lang ng blazer. Pero dahil nakaramdam ako ng init ay inalis ko ang blazer upang mapreskuhan kahit papaano.