Chapter 45

Park Jimin

The hurt in her eyes is enough for me to regret what I just did. The prank did more damage than I expected. She is not even able to look in my eyes anymore.

"I am sorry, Hyejin-a. I didn't mean to hurt you. I know better than anyone about you but still did this stupid prank on you", I tried to hold her but she moved away.

"Yoongi hyung confessed to me. The day we talked at your place, do you remember? He must have heard everything and finally asked me out", I sighed in relief when she was finally paying attention to my words.

"So what are you going to do now?" She seemed to be back to her frame but I could still see the hurt.

Well, the weight of the words and the impact of those words is huge. It's not that I don't know but I didn't have any other way to move forward in my life.

"I am still thinking about it but the result will be positive", I finally managed to smile at her and she acknowledged me which made me relieved.

Is she happy for me or Yoongi hyung?

Yoongi hyung is an amazing person. He cares for me a lot and the way he looks at me says what he meant.

At first I was intrigued when he was paying attention to every single letter that was coming out of me. I thought he was just taking care of her sister and protecting her as I am an outsider.

But later, when I noticed he was responding to every word of mine, it made me figure out that he likes me. And it took more than 5 years for him to open up to me.

It's not his fault. I know why he did that. Even in this case, he thought about my feelings first as one can never force their feelings.

"I will leave now. Once again I am sorry, please smile for me", I requested her and she nodded pursing her lips.

I came out of her room and found Jungkook and Taehyung. They are immersed in their conversation, they didn't even notice my presence.

She is not at all at fault for falling for these men. They are walking forms of handsome, perfect and successful.

I cleared my throat which earned their attention, "I am going to leave, let's meet again", I was about to leave.

"Is everything okay?" Taehyung did read me and this man is impossible.

"Can we meet later alone?" I do want to talk to him as a friend and I already felt a connection with him.

Strange

"Sure, why not?" Tae smiled at me, it almost took away my worries and then we exchanged our phone numbers.

Saying goodbye to Jungkook, I came out of the building to take in the fresh air.

I feel someone is choking me to death, everything around is suffocating me.

I stayed in my car, taking deep breaths and everything that happened in the past few days, flashed before me.

Flashback

"She won't do this. She is not going to agree to this marriage, Hyung", I know her and I am not able to understand why this marriage proposal came out of nowhere.

Namjoon hyung called me earlier and asked me if I was free. He is here now, at my place with his forehead filled with wrinkles and his chin protruding forward.

All of these shows he knows too that his sister is going to play hard but he is being serious about the marriage.

I wonder who the groom must be. These brothers are not thinking much about marrying off their little sister to him.