Chapter 11: One Step Closer

(POV James)(Friday 8am)(Location, Beacon Cafeteria)

I sat eating with the guys, just laughing and having a good time, till I saw Velvet walking over looking very happy.

"James, could I speak to you alone for a moment?" She asked,

I nodded and excused myself from the guys, her and I left the cafeteria and went out in the hallway, without a second to think, she kissed me passionately, we stayed like that for a few seconds before parting.

"What was that for?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"I just wanted to show you my thanks, you're the best boyfriend I could ever ask for," She smiled.

"You're adorable" I scratched her ear, which caused her to lean into my scratch.

"You hit all the right spots in both my heart and body," She said and I couldn't help but kiss her again.

"You taking it slow still?" I asked.

"Yeah, Coco's been such a big help, she's been by my side when you aren't able to, and I'll be seeing a therapist soon too." She told me.

"I'm proud of you babe, getting the right help is good," 

"Yeah, and I won't have to pay a cent thanks to my awesome lawyer...I still don't know who he is,"

"Don't stress about him, focus on healing and remember, if you have any issues, you let me know,"

"I know...I love you James,"

"I love you too." I kissed her again before the bell rang.

"When you have the time, can we cuddle?" She asked.

"Of course, you better make sure you eat and do whatever business before though, cause I won't let go for a while," I replied causing her to laugh, with one final kiss we went out separate ways to class, the guys arrived after me and we began listening to the lesson.

(Time Skip, 3pm)

After a whole boring day, I saw a few bullheads out the window.

"What's going on?" Sebastian asked.

"Students for the festival are arriving," Matt replied, making me realise I forgot something.

"Oh fuck" I said

"What?" Eric asked.

"James if you were meant to tell us something and forgot I'll hit you," Matt said.

"Let's just go, and play nice," I said as we all began to walk outside near the landing pads, as students from different schools had come out, and in the crowd, I saw them, Cinder, Mercury, Emerald and...someone I didn't know, I looked at the guys and saw them shocked, I walked a head of them, each of us stopping a few feet away.

"So...this is actually happening?" I asked.

"Yes, it very much is," Cinder replied.

"Very well...whose she?" I pointed to the fourth.

"She gave one of you a nasty cut," Cinder said with a smirk, it took me a minute.

"From the train," I said, the girl nodded.

"Call me Lena, if you use a nickname I'll cut you," Lena said.

"Noted,"

"Now excuse us, we need to get settled in," Cinder said sobby as her and the other three left, Matt stood next to me.

"Did you know?" He asked.

"Yeah," I replied, causing him to hit me.

"Ow what the fuck?!" I yelled.