Chapter 9

THE CHILL in the air bit into Chezas skin as she waited impatiently for her date to appear. She pulled her coat a little tighter around herself and checked her phone for the umpteenth time for some kind of message as she leaned against the alley wall. Gladius was late. Which was weird, Gladius was never late, not without letting her know. Even worse none of the others were texting her either, except for the cryptically creepy extra happy smiley face Kadian had sent.

She knew there was some important meeting that afternoon at the Garrison that her men were attending and she assumed that had run longer than they had expected. She scowled at her phone, that didn't mean they couldn't send her a text and let her know so she wasn't standing out in the cold dark night for no reason.

Screw it, she'd just walk to Gladius' apartment. She shoved her phone in her pocket and turned around, making her way out of the alley. The streets were fairly quiet as she trudged through, only a handful of people were still out trying to grab a few last minute things they needed so they could go home and make dinner. She swung by the lot at the end of the street where Gladius alway parked when he came to the restaurant.

She scanned the few cars in the lot for one she recognized and huffed when she didn't see one. She was about to turn around and leave when a presence coming up quickly, but silently behind her made her stiffen. Her hand immediately went to the hilt of her knife in the top of her knee high boots. She waited, tracking the presence until it was within a few feet of her. Then she whipped her blade out of her boot and had it pressed against the figure's throat before anyone could blink. "What the hell do you want?" She demanded. Her attacker was tall, broad and muscular with long blonde hair pulled into a ponytail and ocean blue eyes. She watched as the man's wide eyed look of surprise morph into mischief, his lips turned up into a wicked smirk.

"Whoa, easy baby, I'm not here to hurt you" The man chuckled.

"Who the hell are you calling baby, asshole" Cheza growled.

The man laughed. "They weren't kidding when they said you were a feisty little hellcat" He said, giving her a charming smile.

Cheza's anger flared, "They who?" She demanded, "Start talking before I gut you"

The man's smile faltered and he swallowed, obviously sensing she was serious, "Uh Nox, little help" The man said looking over the omega's shoulder.

Cheza turned her head just enough to see over her shoulder and saw a certain dark haired alpha leaning back against a wall, looking all kinds of amused, his signature smirk in place and his stormy gray eyes lit up.

Nox shrugged, "I don't know, I'm kinda enjoying this" He snickered.

"Seriously Nox, tell her I'm not a threat before she really does gut me" The man hissed.

Cheza scowled, "Nox, what the hell is going on?" She demanded, narrowing her eyes on him.

Nox pushed away from the wall and started making his way towards them, "Cheza, meet Kyle, Kyle this is our Cheza"

Cheza winced and slowly pulled the knife away, slipping it back into the sheath in her boot. "Sorry about that, I didn't know who you were" She apologized. "Or that you were coming" She said glaring at Nox as he came up behind her and wound his arms around her waist, yanking her against his broad chest.

"Don't worry he likes it rough and he can take a little stabbing, I hear he even enjoys it from time to time" Nox teased as he pressed his face into the omegas neck and breathed in her scent.

Cheza snorted and elbowed Nox in the ribs, "Don't we all, still a little warning next time" She said, shaking her head as relaxed back into the embrace. "So where the hell have you been and why didn't any of you send me a text?"