Chapter 14

CHEZA sat across from Gabe, perched in one of his office chairs. They poured over the reports scattered on the desk between them, hoping to find any clue, any detail they might have missed. Anything at all that might tell them where these creatures could be coming from. A small, almost timid knock at the door pulled their attention away from their work. The door cracked open and a short blonde head popped in.

"Um, hi, I hope I'm not interrupting?" The blonde said meekly.

Gabe stood up and made his way to the door, "You're fine Julian, come on in" He said, opening the door wider and ushering the boy inside. He shut the door behind him to give them some privacy. He turned around to see the blonde eyeing Cheza with a mix of awe and curiosity and Gabe couldn't help but chuckle, so that was why he had come by, "Julian this is Cheza, Cheza, this is Prince Julian"

Cheza's eyes flicked to Gabes, "Prince Julian" She repeated, then her whole demeanor turned ice cold "I see" She said. Prince Julian had big round light green eyes and delicate features. He was small, lithe and definitely an omega by his sweet smell.

Julian startled at the dismissive tone, "I uh, I just wanted to come meet Gladius' omega" He said biting his lip "Everyone's talking about you"

Cheza tensed, "Is that so" She said flatly.

"I um- yes, but more than that, Kadian, Gabe, Gladius and Nox, they talk about you all the time" Julian said shyly, chewing his lip, desperate to keep the conversation going.

"Uh-huh, well if you'll excuse us, we have work to do" Cheza said, lifting the stack of papers in her hand before she turned away from the cute little blonde.

Julian flinched at the curt dismissal, "Right, I should go" He said, completely dejected as he turned around and hurried out the door.

Gabe raised his eyebrows, "Want to tell me what was all that about?" He asked Cheza.

"Nothing good ever comes from getting involved with the royals" She said, spitting the last word with disdain.

Gabe shrugged, "That's true, but Julian is different, his family isn't so bad either, nothing like the others, so maybe give the kid a chance?"

Cheza shook her head and sighed, "Trust me the best thing we can do is stay far, far away from each other"

Gabe watched her curiously as he sat back down in his chair, there was more to this, "There a reason you feel so strongly about the Indrians?"

"Yes, and no I don't want to talk about it, not right now at least and definitely not here" Cheza said, running a hand over her face.

"Fair enough, I'm just asking you to give Julian a chance is all, he's a sweet kid and he's having a hard time" Gabe said.

Cheza furrowed her brows, "What do you mean?"

"Aladasir, does he seem like the type to be a loving grandfather to you?" Gabe questioned with one eyebrow raised.

Cheza frowned, "Hell no, he's an asshole"

Gabe smirked, "Exactly and he never misses a chance to torment poor Julian"

Cheza sighed. "And of course Julian's too timid to tell the old bastard to go to hell"

Gabe lips twitched, "Something you no doubt would have no problem doing"

She gave him an unabashed smile, "You know me so well"

Gabe snorted, "I do know you, but there's still so much to learn"

"And it doesn't scare you, you might not like what you learn?" Cheza asked, biting her lip.

"You're still worried about that?" Gabe shook his head. "There's nothing that's gonna scare me off" He assured her.