Chapter 15

"IT'S BEEN three days, where do you think she took him?" Ghost asked with a hint of worry in his voice. They all knew Cheza wasn't exactly happy with the situation, but she wouldn't do anything too drastic would she? "You don't think she's torturing him, do you?"

Zack gave his brother a disbelieving look, "This is Cheza we're talking about" He said dryly.

Ghost winced, "Right, stupid question, what level of torture do you think she's inflicting on him and do you think he can take it?" He corrected himself.

Zack shrugged, "Who the hell knows with her, but if it's Gladius I'm sure he can take it, he's special"

"What do you mean special?" Nox questioned. He, Kadian, and Gabe were sprawled out on the sofa waiting impatiently for any sign Gladius and Cheza were alright.

Ghost turned his head to the side and studied Nox "Do we really need to explain? You can feel it can't you?"

Nox nodded, "Yeah I guess I do, it's hard not to" He'd known Gladius longer than anyone and he'd always known there was something different about his friend. He just didn't know how to put it into words.

"He's probably a pureblood ancient, like Cheza" Zack suggested. At least that was the feeling the man gave off.

"Pureblood ancient, what does that mean?" Kadian asked, scooting to the edge of his seat.

"It's a little hard to explain," Zack said, scratching the back of his neck. "Ancients are the original race of beings, before humans, or fae or anything else existed"

Kadian started, "How are we just hearing about this now?"

Zack shrugged, "It was a long time ago, most in this realm have forgotten, If you look hard enough you might find a few legends here and there, but that's about all"

"Other realms like where we come from, the beings have much longer lives, so knowledge isn't lost as easily or as quickly," Ghost said.

"So there are other Realms" Nox said.

"Of course, there are lots of them and the beings from several of them visit this realm often" Ghost replied.

"But these ancients, you think Gladius is one of them?" Nox questioned.

"Yes, though his power hasn't awakened yet" Zack said. "All of you have some blood of the ancients in you as well"

"What? How's that possible?" Kadian questioned.

"Is that what you and Cheza were talking about, you mentioned awakening us?" Gabe asked, remembering the conversation when they were in Forest Grove.

Zack nodded, "Yes"

"Gabe, you know what they're talking about" Nox questioned.

"Not the details, just that we vaguely talked about it before, Cheza said she'd explain it and let me decide if I was ready" Gabe clarified.

"Wait, just you, what about us? Me?" Kadian demanded, practically irate, that he wasn't included.

Zack shrugged, "She wasn't sure if the rest of you were ready yet, it's obvious at least one of you isn't for sure"

"Kyle" Gabe sighed in agreement. They were going to have to do something about the man before too long.

"So Cheza awakened you?" Nox asked.

"Not exactly, that's where it gets a little complicated, my brothers and I were already awakened by the first ancient, the one who created us and whose power Cheza has, Chaos" Zack clarified for them, trying to be cautious with his words.