1979 (M/E)

Summary:

The year is 1979 and Regulus Black leaves his partners, and unborn baby on a mission from Dumbledore. 

Ships:

JeguLily

WolfStar

_____

1979 - October

James was slightly apprehensive about Regulus moving into the Marauder House right after graduation.

He didn't fear either of his partners getting jealous. He doted on them each so much it irritated them. What worried him was Sirius and Regulus living in the same house. In James' sixth year, they did well enough when Regulus ran away from his parents and came to the Potters for safety. Still, living with your best friend and little brother who are dating wasn't ideal for most people.

Luckily, James' fears were void. Sirius was overjoyed to once again live with his little brother. He planned to fully fix their relationship and compensate for their lost years when Sirius left Grimmauld Place.

One would think having six people living in one house would become unbearable and overcrowded, but everyone knew what they were getting into when they agreed to it.

After seven years of being roommates at Hogwarts, the Marauders were already used to living in close quarters. Lily and Regulus also knew from the beginning that being involved with James Potter meant having the rest of his best friends majorly involved in the rest of their lives.

No one was surprised when Sirius suggested they all move in together after graduation. The only logical choice was adding Regulus after he, James, and Lily got together.

Finding a house big enough to accommodate all of their requests was easy. Remus wanted a library. James and Sirius wanted a Quidditch pitch. Peter wanted a rat maze in the walls for him to play in. Regulus wanted a potions room. Lily wanted a large kitchen to bake in and at least one extra room for their future kid.

James and Sirius were two of the wealthiest wizards in the world. Together, they had more than enough money for any house they wanted. Everyone got what they requested and more.

Remus and Sirius were happy to share a room, and Peter was content with his little space in the attic, away from the chaos of the rest of the house, but moving Regulus in caused some trouble.

Since James proposed to Lily at the end of their seventh year (with Regulus' blessing) and they been married during Regulus' seventh year, Regulus didn't want to overstep and sleep in James and Lily's room. James didn't want Regulus to feel left out because all three were a couple, so he devised a compromise.

Regulus turned one of his potion ingredients rooms into a bedroom for himself. He used it when he needed a respite from other people or worked long hours into the night. The rest of the time, he slept with James and Lily. Quiet often, Regulus and Lily hogged the bed, forcing James to sleep in Regulus' room if he wanted more than an inch of bed space.

Their lives were blissful. Living with his best friends and partners was the best thing to ever happen to James.

His life only got better when Lily revealed to him she was pregnant. James was ecstatic and wanted to tell everyone immediately, but Lily asked to keep it under wraps for a short while.

It was difficult for James to keep a lid on such a happy secret, but he managed.

...

1979 - November