You're Just Full Of Surprises

(2 weeks later)

Hailee's pov:

I wake up from the sun shining through the curtains, directly on my face. I immediately turn and reach the bedside table to take my phone. When I open it, I see messages from many people and one missed call from my manager. I look at the time; 10:23.

"Crap!" I shout suddenly after realizing how late I am for work. I was supposed to have a photo shoot this morning at 9:30. I don't waste a second and call my manager while heading downstairs to eat breakfast and let Martini out.

________________

Hailee hi!

Hi Ed, I'm so sorry for being late,
I think I forgot to turn on my alarm last night!

It's fine for today, I rescheduled
the photo shoot, just don't let it happen again

I promise. You know me,
I'm not the kind of person to be late at appointments

Yea, I know. Just don't be late for tomorrow's appointment with Ben and I

Trust me I won't let that happen
again. I'm sorry again for today!

No worries.

Alright I'll see you tomorrow then!

See you.

________________

As soon as the call is over, Martini gets back inside. "Well Teeny it turns out that I don't have anything today, what should we do?" I tell her and she just looks at be, letting out a small and cute bark. "How about I invite uncle Griff, how does that sound?" I ask her and she barks again. I giggle and give her some food before texting Griff.

_______________
Best bro💙

morning Griff! wanna come
chill today at mine? my plans got
canceled for the day

Hey sis! Yeah sure! What time? I still need to work on the Apache for about an hour and then I'm good for the day!

whenever you're ready! you can text me when you'll be on your way

Alright cool!

_____________

I make breakfast and eat it in the living room while watching TV before going upstairs, showering and getting ready. Before I know it, I hear Martini barking and I hear the front door open and someone shouting.

"Haiz I'm here!" Griffin yells. "What? You didn't text me!" I respond, making my way to the top of the stairs so I can have a view of the entry. "Sorry I forgot. But damn why are you such in a grumpy mood?" he asks. "I'm not mad or anything, just surprised that you came here that fast that's all" I say walking down the stairs.

"Want a beer?" I ask him. "Sure thanks" he says. I directly open the fridge and give him the beer, him opening it without showing any difficulty. "So, anything new?" I ask him. "Not much, I saw Megan yesterday and I still work on the cars" he replies. "It's really serious with her isn't it?" I ask him. "I guess it is" he simply says.

"You? How's it going?" he asks me. "Pretty good, I missed an appointment this morning but otherwise everything's fine" I say. "How come you missed an appointment?" he asks me with a confused face. "I forgot to turn on my alarm last night. I got too focused on checking my emails since I check them less recently" I answer. "I bet Ed called. He must have been mad" he tells me. "He did but he wasn't mad. It never happens" I reply.