Getting Back on Our Feet

I look in front of me. The group was ahead by a couple feet, none of them seemed to have notice their ECHOS. I stop walking in my tracks, and sit outside the gate of Liars Berg.

I tune into the station in which Jack was on, waiting for a voice to speak.

"..holy...nutballs! How-how are you guys even alive?! I don't know if you get how all this works, but you guys are supposed to die, not survive. So if you guys could just do yourself a favour and off yourself, that'd be great." Jack says, quite rather ironically through the mic.
I snort at his comment. "I have no idea why we're alive either. Those explosions should have killed us in my opinion." I laugh quietly holding the echo in my hands, my arms supported by my knees. Jack stays silent a moment, then snorts in response. "So...does that mean you're gonna do what I asked, ya gonna go off yourself?"
"Maybe. I mean at this point it doesn't really seem like I should be here. But I somehow keep getting lucky, so I don't think it's really an option to try anymore." I say simply.
"Boo. What a way to make the situation depressing as shit. Maybe I'll talk to you later, or maybe not. You guys are kinda already annoying the heck out of me." Jack says.
"Mhm." I say in response, as I tune out of the channel.

I shakily rise to my feet, still weak and low on health. What the fuck just happened? Why did you just have that interaction with the man who tired to kill you? Why did you say you'd try to kill yourself!? I shake my head trying not to think about whatever I was thinking about, and head towards the group.

Everyone is doing what they can to help the only sane person in this town, by the name of Hammerlock. A few vending machines were functional in this town, enough to replenish our health and ammo. Otherwise we'd need to leave soon to acquire shields and better weapons. I might as well go and make a appearance to lend a hand.

I don't think I'll tell the group of the unexpected interaction I just had with Jack.

Not yet anyways....