Unexpected Appearance

A couple weeks flew by ever since reaching sanctuary. We've kept ourselves quite busy with maintaining the security forces of the town, helping out citizens, and overall working with the crimson raiders on a plan to prevent Jack from opening a vault.

Maya had kept her word on keeping the secret silent with the group. I rested a little easier, knowing that I can trust her, but every once in a while when Jack ECHO's the group, I keep getting that same stare from Maya. Her look that shows me that she knows, and like she's drilling her threat into my skull whenever Jack speaks. It spooked me a bit in the beginning, but I've gotten used to it. By now, I just nod and smirk, and it's enough to wave Maya's glare off of me.

Like usual, Jack hadn't bothered to call me. At this point, I've purposely tried to keep myself busy as to not think about him. I know that if he was on my mind constantly, I'd go psycho.

————————————————————————

I lie on the cliffside just outside of sanctuary, gazing at the night sky above me. It's calming, and beautiful. It never seizes to catch me off guard by its wonders, and how inspiring the feeling of that large unknown universe makes me feel small. Sometimes, I get so wound up thinking about it, it breaks me into tears.

I rest my head in my hands behind my head, laying on my jacket. It's a fairly quiet night for such a intense planet of chaos. I inhale through my nose slowly, letting the cool breeze invade my nostrils. I close my eyes for a good moment.  After a given amount of peace that can only be obtained through my mind, I open my eyes to see a figure standing above me.

It was Jack.

"Hey kiddo." He says. I jolt from my position, looking at him with wide eyes.
"Jack? What the hell-what are you doing here?" I say in a defensive panic. I rise to my feet, backing away a couple steps away from the man.
"Just wanted to come down to see how my pal was! What? Is that a crime?" Jack says rather foolishly, and he casually walks his way over to me. Still hesitant, I keep my ground, but my body still rigid.
"Crime?! You tell me! You're the one standing next to a city that literally wants you dead with, oh, I don't know, skilled vault hunters inside?!"
Jack scoffs with a smirk. "They can't do anything to me. I'm unkillable." Jack looks into my eyes. Those eyes I see on billboards and posters. Eyes of gemstones that tell a story behind them.

They're so vibrant. I could get lost in them.

Jacks hands move close to my waist, his gestures almost seeming possessive. Like he wants to get a hold of me and never let go.
"Um...Jack...? What are you doing..?" I ask in a anxious tone. My body refuses to move, as if he's put me under a trance simply by looking at me. He grins rather largely.
"Just taking what should be mine..."

My surroundings shift towards a hotel room that seems all too familiar. I look around, still lying down. It seems like all of that was just a dream.

Thank god.

I eventually sit up and rub my eyes, and stretching my upper body. It felt weird to have dreamt about Jack, for what felt so real. Don't get me wrong, we can't control our dreams, but the content our brain decides to make into mind-films is strange. I brush my teeth and look at myself in the mirror.

I really hope that weird dream isn't something I obsess over for the rest of the day.