Chapter 10: Kylie Rose Archer

Everything seemed to fly by. Going from a family of just two on both sides to being a family of four. The family four quickly turned into a family of six then to a family of seven. Moving into Bryant's house after we found out we were having twins became inventible. It was like I was already living there to begin with. We started staying over more and more each week. Next thing I know, all our things have been moved over to Bryant's. I went from being his Ol' Lady to becoming his wife. I twist my wedding band as I watch the children play in the yard. Bryant had handed me an envelope days after I given birth to Dylan and Dawson. Inside the envelope was adoption papers, my dream of him being her father had been answered. Him giving her his last name was finally answered. I watched as he had tears in his eyes like my own. Both finally getting our wishes granted. Comp was a damn genius and managed to get McKenzie adopted by Bryant somehow. I didn't ask questions because I truly didn't care at all that day. He was able to adopt her and that's all that mattered to me. Years ago Bryant placed the papers behind her birth certificate which is in between the twins and Kaiser's. We tried for more children and we're blessed a few times; however, each time resulted into a miscarriage. It was like a piece of us had faded with each one. The light that shined in us slowly was fading with each one. We were each other's support system and we had gotten through each one together. That is until we had youngest our little girl. We didn't even think I could get pregnant again due to the miscarriages and the scarring but here we are with Kylie Rose Archer. She's exactly thirteen months today. I watch as our six, five, and our two three year olds run around the yard. Our thirteen month old is on her father's back as he acts like a child himself and spins her around. Kylie's giggles fill the summer air. Her giggles remind you of Mac's laughter at Kylie's age. Kylie looks like a copy and paste of McKenzie at this age. So far, all of our children favor one another which I couldn't be more happier about.

If I can keep the adoption a secret until my last breath I would. Just so McKenzie wouldn't have to wonder why she had to be adopted by Bryant. Or have to know my struggles. Know what I had to go through until her father came around. Bryant might not be her real dad but he's her father. One that's watched her take her first steps to staying her first words. He had to put a bandage on her knee when she scraped it the other day. She fell from her bicycle, she was learning to ride. She didn't want anyone but her father so I had to do the unbelievable and call her father... He was unfortunately at the clubhouse. When I called, he had just walked outside of the church doors. As soon as he heard Mac wailing in the background; he didn't ask questions. His motorcycle could be heard from the clubhouse as he raised up the hill and home to our screaming daughter. I remember the sheer panic in his eyes.

"Is she okay? What happened? Is she hurt? Did she break anything? Is she sick? Why the hell is her knee bleeding?"

Those were his questions firing one after another. No room for answers. Mac ran to her dad with a limp as he scooped her up with ease.

"Boo boo." She said as she pointed to her knee. Bryant walked inside and moments later he was back outside with a first aid kit and Mac still in his arms tucked to his chest. I watched as he plotted Mac in his knee and begin to doctor her knee up. Once the bandage was in place he gave her knee a special kiss. A kiss only daddy could do to ease the pain as she calls it. Still to this day, this man has me falling more in love with him by the minute.

Kylie's laughter brings me out my thoughts as I look up; I see Bryant on the ground with all our kids on top of him.

How in the hell did that happen?