Chapter 12: Family

Watching our children grow up is a miracle in itself. The twins weren't supposed to be born due to I wasn't supposed to be able to carry anymore children. Yet, my bunches of joy came along. Later on down the road, Kylie arrived. Even though we only had her for fourteen months, I still watched her grow until she went to be with the Angels above. The children are all closed but twins are each others support while Kaiser and McKenzie are each other's. The bond between the two never changed, it didn't disappear or fade. It stayed just as strong. Like the day McKenzie had her first heartbreak. Instead of Kaiser handling it, she decked him in the mouth. Her father and grandpa tossed the kid out by his pants. Kaiser afterwards held his sister. Once the shock wore off, her emotions came out. If it wouldn't have been for McKenzie crying, I would have been laughing. My daughter threw on hell of a haymaker to his mouth.

At times you can walk past either one of their doors and see Kaiser and McKenzie sitting in their window sill. Every now and then the twins will be dangling on the window sill with them. There's this one picture on our mantle that has all four of them sitting on the ledge each one has their arm around the person beside them. I don't know what the moment was about but the picture was priceless and perfection in my eyes. The kids won't talk about how why they were sitting like that, it's a mystery on the mystery gang knows about. In my gut I have a feeling it's about Kaiser and his horrible break up he had with whatever that girl's name was? Clarissa I believe it was.

I remember to this day McKenzie pleading with her brother not to date her. She knew her antics and ways. But the black widow managed to sink her fangs into his delicate skin. After that, he was a love sick puppy. McKenzie wanted to kill her protector but obviously she didn't. She argued with him for years over this girl. Yet he was too blind to see that the girl was using him. Your first love makes you do crazy things and I was for sure he would have jumped into a burning building if she asked him too. Thankfully she never asked or I would have buried her in my backyard. Whatever happened that day the picture was taken, they don't talk about with anyone. It's a secret they'll take to the graves.

Even though we wanted more kids after Kylie, we didn't try. He didn't want my body to reject anymore pregnancies. He didn't want to see my spirits be crushed and vice versa. We're content with our four wild teenagers and once they grow up and have children... We'll be blessed as Grandparents. I think Dylan or Dawson will be the ones to make us grandparents first.

"Mac got into a fight!" Kaiser yells out through the house.

"Why did your sister get into a fight?" Bryant's deep voice echos down the hall.

"Because she doesn't like it when people..." Dylan's voice gets muffled.

"I don't like to share." Mac says as she walks off.

"Sharing is caring!" Dawson yells out.

"Unless it's sharing a certain President's son." Kaiser laughs out his counter.

"You can't go punching people for flirting with Draven." I call out from the kitchen.

"What am I supposed to do? Smile and pretend I'm fucking happy and it's peachy to talk shit to my face then go up and kiss the mug?" Mac yells out from her room.

"Did she throw a haymaker?" Bryant asks, wanting the details of his daughter fight.

"Dad, she went loco. Like she straight pulled that girl off of Draven and decked her in the nose." Dawson explains.

"Let's just say, Princess did quite a bit of damage dad." Dylan says with a smile on his face.

"What do you mean?" I ask my sons.

"Oh, she probably will need reconstructive surgery on her nose. It's broke the fuck up." Kaiser says as he throws his hands around all animated. That's something that will never change about my son. Him and his animated arms. All I can hear from the kitchen is Bryant's belly laugh over our daughter fighting. He's always the kid in this marriage while I have to be the bad person.

"How long is she suspended?" I question.

"A week." Dawson whispers out.

"Mac! You're grounded for a week young lady!" I call out her punishment to her.

"What? Why? Mom you can't do that!" She screeches.

"I can and I did." I yell from my seat but the breakfast island.

"Mom, it was self defense!" She yells as she stomps through the hall.

"I don't see how." I answer.

"Let me explain. These idiots always leave out details mama. You can't ground me. See what happened was, I was standing by my locker and the damned girl came up running her damned mouth and shoved me. She shoved me so hard I hit my locker. See." Mac pauses and lifts up the side of her shirt and you can see visible bruises on her ribs. "So, as she locked lips with Draven; I kindly pulled her off and smashed my fist to her nose. Self defense." She finishes her explanation.

"Fine. You're off the hook." I reluctantly agree. I have a feeling it's more locking lips with a certain boy that put her over the edge.

Hormonal teenagers these days.