Winter Wonderland

Mid-November 2017

After a break-in at Gwilym's flat, Ben is helping Gwilym move his stuff from his flat to move in with Amelia and Freddie at Garden Lodge.

"Right, that's everything from my car," Ben tells them setting the last box down in the hallway, "Does anything else need doing before I head off?"

"No, but thanks for the help mate," Gwilym gives him a quick one-arm hug, "See you on Monday."

Ben turns towards the door heading for his car when Amelia hurries after him, "Ben hold up."

He stops turning back to her, "What's up?"

"How are things going with Brie?"

"She told you?" Ben blushes sheepishly, he's not sure why he's surprised, they've been dating for the past two months and he loves every moment of the time he spends with Brianna.

"Of course she did, she's my best mate. Do you like her?" She knows Brianna is already smitten but she doesn't want her friend to get her heart broken if Ben isn't on the same page.

"It's strange, she's different from my usual type and I've only known her a couple of months but I can already picture a life with her. I'm ready to tell her I love her and ask her to be my girlfriend but I don't want her to think it's too quick."

"She won't. I could tell you about her dream date. You could use it to ask her."

"I'm listening," He'd like to make it special.

"Icing skating at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. If you didn't know already she's an old romantic."

He nods thinking it over, "I shall keep it in mind, cheers I owe you one."

"Just don't break her heart and that's enough for me."

Nodding again he gets in the car and drives away, thinking the date idea over during the drive home. Getting back to the flat is quiet which is quite unusual nowadays as Brianna is sometimes there when he gets back keeping Frankie company. She honestly spends more time at his flat than hers, and he loves it.

Coming home to her being there and nine times out of ten she's cooking dinner for them, they both have a key to each other's place now so they always let themselves in.

He knew she wouldn't be there that night, she's doing an all-nighter at the studio tonight due to a large order needing to be ready for a wedding next weekend. With a wedding dress, six bridesmaids dresses and two flower girl dresses, Brianna, Amber and their new work experience girl, Tessa, have their work cut out for them.

When he goes to bed that night he lies wide awake thinking up a plan of action for the date, Frankie is lying beside him. He gently strokes her fur, "Do you think it's too soon Franksta?"

Realising he's talking to her, Frankie lifts her head and looks at him as if understanding him, "Should I ask Brianna to be my girlfriend?"

She tail wings a little at Brianna's name, "Yeah I know you love her. She's been spoiling you with unlimited love and attention while I've been at work," He's been grateful for that to be honest, he doesn't like leaving Frankie on her own for too long in the day.

------

When he takes Frankie for a walk the next morning he has an idea, he finishes the walk and decides to surprise Brianna at work.

Parking, he grabs the bag off the passenger seat and heads up to the studio, "Brie?" He sees her asleep on the sofa as he walks in.

Putting the bag on the table he kneels in front of her, brushing some hair away from her eyes and kisses her forehead making her stir. She groans rubbing her eyes, "What time is it?"