39

The guests and hosts enjoyed the meal and chatted with Chen Chuqiao's family for a while. Chen's father and Chen's mother said that you young people should play by yourselves. We old guys are going to bed, so there were only three of them left in the living room.

Lin Yu looked at the time, it was just past eight o'clock: "Why did uncle and aunt go to bed so early?"

A trace of pain and resentment flashed in Chen Chuqiao's eyes, and she held her hands unconsciously: "My parents... lived in the lava base before I found them."

Another lava base? !

Lin Yu's expression became more serious: "I know there, it is said that there is discrimination against ordinary people."

Chen Chuqiao hummed: "The lava base has no humanity. Ordinary people without abilities have no dignity. They will either fall into the dust, be like dogs or pigs, or be kicked out of the base."

Qin Shiye thought that in his previous life, he was also arrogant and complacent as a person with superpowers. He didn't care about the lives of ordinary people in the base and couldn't see them. Later, he wanted to leave because he was dissatisfied with the fear of the top management of the base. The situation of ordinary people in the base was just that... He hated that place even more, and then died in the hands of those people. It was not without fault. The higher he stood, the harder he would fall.

With Xiaoyu in this life, he truly realized that ordinary people in the apocalypse can still live well and have their own way of survival. People who classify their compatriots into three or six categories will eventually be destroyed by their own arrogance and bias.

Chen Chuqiao talked about how her parents lived in the lava base: "When I found them, they lived in a greenhouse. My mother was bedridden, and my father dragged his injured leg and worked for more than ten hours a day. Only then can we earn enough food to prevent people from starving to death."

Lin Yu felt depressed: "Is uncle's leg okay?"

Chen Chuqiao smiled: "It's okay. After we arrived at Haishi Base, I found a healing power user to cure him."

Lin Yu thought that Father Chen's walking posture was quite natural and flexible today, so the treatment must have had a good effect: "That's good."

Chen Chuqiao: "Thank you for letting me find college students to form a team together. One of them has healing powers. We get along very well and we are now in the same team."

Lin Yu smiled and said, "It's nothing, just a word."

However, Chen Chuqiao thought that at the beginning of the apocalypse, one of Lin Yu's friends asked her to stock up on early supplies. His boyfriend's advice allowed her to go out in time to adapt to the apocalypse, and her awakening powers also awakened when it was safe. If Lin Yu hadn't been worried about her, she would have let her If she finds someone to go with her, she will probably drive back to her parents by herself. If she encounters danger on the road, no one will help her. If she dies, her parents won't live long.

It can be said that Lin Yu is the savior of their family. Chen Chuqiao knows that Lin Yu will not think this is a major event worth mentioning, and he will not expect her to be grateful. This is his sincere heart. Chen Chuqiao only silently puts these things aside. In my heart, I have a chance to repay you.

Lin Yu didn't know what she was thinking, so he only told Chen Chuqiao what Zhen Conghao had told him and Qin Shiye before. Chen Chuqiao took a breath and then became very angry: "The lava base is simply a cancer!"

Lin Yu nodded heavily: "This base must disappear! It's difficult for us to do it alone. It would be great if there was some way to see the head of the base."