bonus ( origins )

after gwen returned home, the afternoon was going smoothly until a flock of butterflies emerged in the eiffel tower

soon a face appeared. "people of paris, listen carefully. i am hawk moth. ladybug, cat noir, give me the ladybug and cat ring now."

gwen heard the news, she made sure that her parents weren't home and transformed.

"you've done enough damage to these innocent people." hawk moth said. gwen and cat got there in time.

gwen clapped. "nice try, hawk moth, but we know who the bad guy is. let's not reverse the roles here. without you, none of these innocent victims would be transformed into villains."

"hawk moth, no matter how long it takes, we will find you, and you will hand us your miraculous!" gwen confidently said.

she swung her yo-yo and jumped into the air. "time to de-evilize!" gwen begins to catch the butterflies that hawk moth is using to communicate.

"NOO!" hawk moth screamed but it was no use soon the butterflies expanded and hawk moth was nowhere.

gwen landed on the eiffel tower. "let me make this promise to you. no matter who wants to harm you, ladybug and cat noir will do everything in our power to keep you safe!"

the purified butterflies flew out of her yo-yo and flew away. everyone cheered from their homes.

"wow, whoever she is behind that mask, i admire her." cat noir said.

the next day. alya was talking to marinette and gwen about what happened yesterday.

"so by the time i biked to the eiffel tower, it was all over. i'm way bummed." alya said.

"don't worry, you'll get your scoop eventually." marinette reassured her.

"yeah. who knows maybe you'll get a chance to talk to ladybug." gwen added to marinette's response.

"you're right. next target, ladybug. an exclusive interview." alya confidently said.

"ooh, sounds exciting." marinette said.

"oh, wait, even better." she gasps. "finding out who's really under that mask."

"uh-huh? good luck with that one." marinette said. they didn't know that gwen stopped walking when she heard alya say that.