stormy weather

"gwen sweetie, it's about to start

"gwen sweetie, it's about to start." her mom said. the finale of her favorite show is on the television.

gwen sat next to her mother and watched it even though she doesn't like those sorts of competitions.

"welcome to the finals for our kidz plus competition, where today, one lucky winner will be announced as our brand new kidz plus weather girl." alec, the host, said.

fans were shouting both mireille's and aurore's names from the red ropes guarding them.

"we started off with 5,000 contestants, but with the audience at home, we've whittled our talent down to just these two amazing young ladies. so, let's welcome our fantastic finalists." alec said.

"to my right, aurore beaureal. and on my left mireille caquet. who will be the lucky winner? vote now! type #1 for aurore, #2 for mireille." alec announced. "and remember, standard text message rates apply."

"i am definitely voting for mireille." her mom said taking out her phone.

gwen heard the doorbell ringing and walked towards the door. "hey girl, you would not believe who i just saw in the park?"

"it must be someone pretty famous for you to come all the way over." gwen said to her best friend alya.

"it was adrian." gwen looked confused. "you know the supermodel, and our classmate."

"ohh. what does this have to do with me?" she asks eyebrows raised.

"well i thought we should go say hi. can't hurt to be nice." alya said. "we just have to stop by marinette's place."

"has she forgiven him yet?" gwen asked. alya shook her head. "this isn't going to go well."

she turned her head to her mother. "mom! me and alya are going to marinette's house for a school project."

"alright! be home in time for dinner." she replied.

grabbing her bag, gwen and alya went to get marinette.

when they arrived, they heard marinette and a girl running around. "manon, give that back."

alya rang the doorbell when the door opened to marinette. "alya? gwen? what're you doing here?"

"i wanted to hang out today, so i figured why not get ice cream." alya lied through her teeth.

"but i have to babysit manon today. i had promised my mom's friend." marinette said guilty.

"uh, who are they?" a little girl asked in between marinette's legs.