mr pigeon

"you only have one day to work on your fashion piece, and it must be your own design

"you only have one day to work on your fashion piece, and it must be your own design." mr damocles instructed to the class. "in ten hours, your finished presentation will be judged by none other than the great fashion designer; gabriel agreste. the father of our very own student; adrian agreste." everyone ood.

"in fact, adrian will model the winning design in his next photo shoot." gwen could tell marinette was excited for this.

"and now to introduce this new theme; derby hats!" after that, alya, gwen, and marinette were talking about the design presentation.

"derby hat? derby hat? derby hat? derby hat? i don't have any derby hat designs!" marinette said, pacing back and forth. "i've got top hats, caps, even two horned caps. need a beret? i'm your girl. a sombrero? no problemo. but a derby!?"

alya and gwen laughed at the panicked girl. "you have got to stop worrying, you're going to do great. and besides even if you don't win you'll at least have tried." gwen tried reassuring her friend to no avail.

"all this over a derby hat? let us see your sketch pad, girl." marinette handed alya her sketch pad nervously. "there must be something in here." they both skimmed through the designs, checking each page.

"forget it. i'm a disaster zone, i'll probably mess something up in the end." marinette said doubtfully.

"wow, gwen, i didn't know you design. they're pretty good." a voice said to the blonde girl. said girl blinked in confusion.

"thanks. but they're not mine. these actually belong to marinette." gwen said to adrian. marinette kindly smiled and waved at him.

"you're super talented marinette. you seriously have a good chance at winning." adrian complemented her.

"thanks." she said.

"sure, and good luck. maybe i'll be wearing your derby at fathers next photo shoot." he waved at them and left. gwen had wanted to talk to him.

"i'll be right back, okay." gwen said to alya and marinette. "hey! adrian!" she yelled, making him stop.

"gwen? what is it?" adrian said

"thanks for what you did back there, for marinette. she didn't really have confidence in herself." gwen wanted to say something else, but she didn't know how to word it.

"it's no problem gwen." he smiles and waits for her to say anything else.

"...i know." adrian had a look of shock and worry on his face.

"know what?" he asks hesitantly.

"that you have a crush on me." gwen exclaimed, with a confused eyebrow. "i happened to see the letter in the trash and i just wanted to say that-"