dark cupid

ah, valentines day

ah, valentines day. the day that people either, get their hearts broken or, couples be extremely romantic.

it's a bit nauseating.

gwen sat in class staring at the outside windows. miss bustier was talking about evil spells being broken by a kiss.

she wasn't paying attention, but could hear what she was saying.

"adrian, i hope whatever you're writing has something to do with my lesson?" miss bustier asked. "can you tell me what i just said?"

"that's why in most fairy tales, the prince breaks the spell by kissing the princess, because love can only conquer hate." adrian said, boardly.

"very good, adrian." the bell rings. "now, don't forget to finish sleeping beauty by charles perrault tonight. and happy valentines day!"

"hey, you go ahead. i'll meet you guys outside." marinette said.

"see you then." gwen said and alya hummed. getting her stuff, she and alya walked out of the classroom.

gwen was waiting for marinette, when she saw said girl running over to her. she stops suddenly, almost falling face first on the ground.

"you have to see this gwen!" she holds up a piece of crinkled up paper. gwen looks at her confused.

marinette hands it to her.

"your hair shines like the sun, your pretty ocean blue eyes, i wonder if you feel the same, everyday we see each other and i hope you'll be mine, together our love could be so true, please will you be my...valentine!?" gwen reads the letter shocked.

"where did you get this?" gwen asks.

"out of the trash can. i saw adrian throw that away. do you know what this means?!" marinette fan-girls.

"that you didn't think to tell me you got it out of the trash." gwen says sarcastically, arms crossed.

marinette waves her off. "it means, that adrian has a crush on you!"

"..." gwen bursts out laughing. "and i'm the eiffel tower!"

"good one marinette. you're so funny." gwen says wiping tears off her face. marinette huffed.

"i'm telling you the truth." marinette said. gwen heard not a false tone in her voice.

"he could be talking about someone else then. maybe ladybug. she has blonde hair and blue eyes." gwen suggested to marinette.

"i'm positive that he was talking about you!" marinette yelled.

"well, you're going to have to let him down for me. 'cause i don't like him like that." gwen said. "i can't do it."